Does anyone know where I can find a wind-up spider cat toy?

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats' long-time favorite toys has stopped working, and I'd love to find them a replacement if one can still be found. It's a very simple wind-up spider toy, with a round body sort of like a small mint tin about 1-2 inches in diameter, flat on the sides. The body is suspended vertically between two bent wire legs that spin and cause the body to skitter forward quickly when the toy is wound up (the wind-up key is on the side of the body) and kick wildly when the cats catch it. It's covered with fake black fur. I bought it about 12-14 years ago when Mr. Underfoot & Sylvestra were young.

Does anyone know where I could find another one of these? (Ideally in the US or an online retailer that ships to the US).

larnie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm looking for the same wind-up spider. Please let me know if you find out where to get one.

Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I haven't had any luck yet, but I'll let you know if I find one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

This won't be any good for you, but i saw one in Harrods just last weekend when i was going through to the pet department.
Actually, it might be helpful. I don't see it on the Harrods web site (though they do have some nice cat stuff!), but if the spider can be found in the UK, I may be able to find a site with them that will ship here. Thanks!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tuxedokitties

I don't see it on the Harrods web site (though they do have some nice cat stuff!)
I spent waaaaay too much in there

It wasn't in the actual pet section, it was just as i was walking through to it, so try the toy department there because i think that's where it'll be?. The size was about 6-8" across?

tinkerstinker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you ever find this toy. It is my cat's favorite also. I have been trying to find one. Let me know. Thank you!

judge grisham

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is one listed on e-bay, item #370130801179, but it is an antique and the starting bid is $50.00.

They are listed at Alibaba.com under company name Kinson Limited. The product is called "wind-up rolling creature." They come in black with black legs and red with black legs, but Alibaba is a wholesaler. I do not know where to buy them retail.

My wife and I have bought several of these over the years. Some have metal bodies and some have plastic bodies. The first one we bought over 30 years ago was called a Wobbly Woozer.

In the Jim Henson movie, The Dark Crystal, there are hundreds of them crawling about in at least one scene, maybe more.

Hope this helps.

Meowgli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently started looking for this toy again (wind-up spider) - unfortunately they don't seem to be made anymore. About 10 years ago there was a lot of them around, with black and red fake fur. The cats loved them. If anyone knows where to find them, it would really be appreciated!