Cottage Pics - End of Summer

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just came back from a trip to the cottage. You can really tell fall is almost here.

Woke up early yesterday morning and went down to the lake. The mist was just rising up.

I went to feed the chickadees. I think this one was trying to moon me.

A bee trying to find that last source of pollen.

Found this plant, all dried up. I thought it looked quite elegant, like a natural Christmas tree.

The dried remains - a sure sign of fall around the corner.

A flower, past its prime.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fall is right around the corner for sure! I bet you saw some leaves turning on the drive up there. I love the one of the "natural Christmas tree" very pretty
Did Steve & Gigi accompany you?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Great pictures!
I've always loved mist rising off the water.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Kass - I love them all!!!!!!!!!!!
And I think it's not just the photos - it's your eye - what you decide to shoot, you know?

LOVE the chickadee bum!

Laurie

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you ever do a coffee table book, I think you should name it, Dragonfly Boogers and Chickadee Butts

Beautiful pics Kass! It wonderful that you can find the beauty in what others wouldn't give a second look to.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness those are beautiful pictures!!!! That first one looks like it came right out of a magazine!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, guys!
I love the cottage but barely got up there this summer. We only went there twice.

Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Fall is right around the corner for sure! I bet you saw some leaves turning on the drive up there. I love the one of the "natural Christmas tree" very pretty
Did Steve & Gigi accompany you?
Leaves are already turning on my street!

Yes, Steve and Gigi made their second trip up to the cottage. As routine, Steve slept the whole way and Gigi meowed the whole way.

But, here she is at the cottage. She looks pretty relaxed!

Originally Posted by clixpix

If you ever do a coffee table book, I think you should name it, Dragonfly Boogers and Chickadee Butts
You're too funny.
But, who knows, maybe that one will be an Amazon top seller. I'll have to keep it in mind.

Originally Posted by clixpix

Beautiful pics Kass! It wonderful that you can find the beauty in what others wouldn't give a second look to.
Where most people look up to take a picture, I always look down. Especially at the cottage. There's too many interesting things at ground level!