North Texas TCS Meetup Videos

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the sister thread to the one Mike (mrblanche) started. I am including the videos here as I was afraid they might be overlooked in the middle of a long thread.

I was up until almost 1 am talking with Amy (momofmany) who stayed overnight with us and then Carol returned to have breakfast with us and when they departed for the airport at 1:30, my family rushed in to enjoy the leftovers! So I had no time to post these videos until this morning.

I am sure that YouTube has something in place that I could used to link the below 7 segments together, but as a brand new member to YouTube, I have not found it yet. If you know how to do it, please let me know. Meanwhile you will have to click on all 7 links below to see the entire show.

KatKlik 1: DW shows off her cat apron while being hostess to the members as they arrive and get to know each other face to face:
KatKlik 2: Persi checks out one of Amy's creations. Please see her other creations by clicking on the link in her siggy.
KatKlik 3: DW prepares a wide variety of Persian foods for the group.

KatKlik 4: The members enjoy dinner while continuing to get to know each other better.

KatKlik 5: One of the top attractions of the meeting was to actually be there and welcome the newest member to TCS as she signed up: Note: I have not been able to find her. I hope one of our moderators can tell me what happened because she was assigned a username.
KatKlik 6: Mike shows off one of his inventions designed to drive cats crazy. Persi obliges, of course: Note: In the video I state that Mike is the TCS top poster and what I meant to say was that he was the top poster of 2008. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3naj29V3Bc

KatKlik 7: Show and Tell time. The members show off and tell us all about their feline friends:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxbK1jr3Kfk

We did not get to the cat fun and games part of the program nor to the Introductions. Next year at KatKlik II there will be an armed guard at the door to prevent anybody from leaving early.
Thanks to all that attended. When people see what they are missing, we should be able to get 20 at our next get together.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see you got Persi doing his bulldog act with the string!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great videos Lee! Thank you SO much for sharing! It looks like you guys had a great time! I loved the video of Persi playing with Mike. BTW, has anyone ever told you that you sound like Hank from "King of the Hill"?? I kept expecting you to say "I'll tell you what...."

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

...has anyone ever told you that you sound like Hank from "King of the Hill"?? I kept expecting you to say "I'll tell you what...."
You're right, he does!
And gosh, I love Hank Hill -- especially those righteously annoyed "I'll tell you what"s!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Persi is so cute!
That little guy stole my heart. When I retired for the night in the guest bedroom, I noticed that Alley was in the room with me and was standing by the door to get out. I hopped out of bed to let her out and she ran back under the bed. When I opened the door to allow her to leave when she was ready, Persi was waiting in the hallway and came into the room with me.

Someone slept in bed with me on my feet Saturday night. Our guess is that it was Persi. He was bed hopping all night long. Like any true cat owners, we all had our bedroom doors cracked open the width of a cat.

Alley is also a beauty and I'm so glad that I got to see her also!

And, I got to meet 5 of Carol's cats at her home. We stopped there on the way from the airport and had a nice play time with them. Pearl is such a sweetie pie and Dillon is such a ham. And all are absolutely beautiful babies!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! I named him after Bob Dylan, but Papa liked the Marshal Dillon association, too. And Dylan certainly has that lawman swagger...

By the way -- I was so glad Amy got to meet my babies! And she brought my mom the most beautiful fleece blanket from her Auntie Em site ( www.auntieemcreations.com ) It's an image of cats lounging on bookshelves, and when my mom draped it over a chair in our living room... the chair almost disappeared!

(Yes, that's a kitty tree reflected in the TV set. Centerpiece of our living room. What can I say?
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I see you got Persi doing his bulldog act with the string!
No, you did! I know all about his bulldog routine by the way, but I have never seen him pull on anything like that before. Wasn't everybody scared to be in such close proximity with such a vicious cat?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

BTW, has anyone ever told you that you sound like Hank from "King of the Hill"?? I kept expecting you to say "I'll tell you what...."
Hmmm, I wonder if I should feel flattered. Yes, I have lived in Texas for forty years and I do live near the ficticious town that is supposed to be Arlington, so perhaps I do. But I will bet that since I do live in Texas I pick up on some of the subtleties that people from West Virginia miss. I kept telling DW that they cannot make a phone good enough to take pictures but she bought me an LG Dare which surpasses the icamera in every respect. But see, it makes my voice sound like Hank Hill? I'm taking it back!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I was looking forward to viewing the videos, but they weren't working properly for me.
They kept getting "stuck"!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Hmmm, I wonder if I should feel flattered. Yes, I have lived in Texas for forty years and I do live near the ficticious town that is supposed to be Arlington, so perhaps I do. But I will bet that since I do live in Texas I pick up on some of the subtleties that people from West Virginia miss.
Oh, you should be flattered because I LOVE that show! And for the subtleties that I (and the rest of us) may miss, could you please post a translation for Boomhowser?

Honestly, I wasn't picking on you. I lived with a guy from Texas for 4 years and you don't sound anything like him (he lived in Round Rock, outside of Austin I think) so it's not really the accent. It's more the rhythm and the actual tone of your voice. Ok, I'll shut up now!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

And for the subtleties that I (and the rest of us) may miss, could you please post a translation for Boomhowser?
boomhowser?
he said that?
i don't recall that...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh, you should be flattered because I LOVE that show! And for the subtleties that I (and the rest of us) may miss, could you please post a translation for Boomhowser?
So...how many haven't gotten the joke that Boomhowser is G.H.W. Bush?

As to the speech patterns, we've all known the "crazy inchoherent old guy down the street."

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Well, I was looking forward to viewing the videos, but they weren't working properly for me.
They kept getting "stuck"!
Why not go to the apple site and get the best video player there is? It is entirely free and superior in every way to anything else out there. I just got a new LG Dare phone which has a 3G operating system that everybody is raving about due to its extremely fast download and upload times. But when I tried to play them on my computer, they too were getting stuck. I had an older version of QuickTime but after obtaining 7.5, I was able to play the 3G2 file type that this camera phone uses.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great videos! I'm getting hungry when I see all the wonderful food!!!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

As to the speech patterns, we've all known the "crazy inchoherent old guy down the street."
That crazy incoherent old guy is getting ready to hop in his Porsche and fly by the Farmers Branch police station and trade in his phone for one that makes him sound like George Clooney.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Why not go to the apple site and get the best video player there is? It is entirely free and superior in every way to anything else out there. I just got a new LG Dare phone which has a 3G operating system that everybody is raving about due to its extremely fast download and upload times. But when I tried to play them on my computer, they too were getting stuck. I had an older version of QuickTime but after obtaining 7.5, I was able to play the 3G2 file type that this camera phone uses.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
I know you wouldn't recommend downloading this if it wasn't "safe", but TBH, I'm afraid to download anything now after the virus download disaster!

Are you sure I won't have any problems??