Our little Lady has gone to the Bridge

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

It has been a long time since I have been in here and a lot has happened since then. The worst thing that has happened of course, is we have lost our Lady.

She got sick about 3 months ago, couldn't keep her food down, so we took her to the vet. After a long, grueling day of our vet coming back from testing with a different story each time, she ultimately had no answer, except she may have had cancer.

She was a former feral that we adopted at age 8 weeks and lived with us for 13 years. She never got over her fear of outsiders, was half siamese and only bonded with my partner, Renee. So her visit to the vet was totally traumatic for her and we decided to let her spend her remaining days at home with us, as long as she did not express any sign of pain, which she never did. As with her former sister, Suling, her human was holding her when she passed away.

Our adoped former feral, Douglas, totally loved Lady and she would have nothing to do with him. He used to crawl up to her on his belly in a totally submissive posture, but she would have none of it! He is grieving, as are we and we miss our girl so badly.

The only consolation is she is now playing over the bridge with the others who have gone before her and with her sister, Suling. Goodbye Lady, we loved you more than you will ever know.

Helene

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a beautiful tribute. i'm so very sorry for your loss.

RIP lady, play happily across the bridge.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of Lady, Helene
I'm glad she passed peacefully surrounded by love
Many vibes for you and your family RIP Lady

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, Helene.
Lady was truly a beautiful girl. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Renee, Douglas and Deacon. RIP sweet Lady, knowing you are loved.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Helene I am so very sorry you guys are going through this. My deepest condolences to you, Renee, Douglas and Deacon.

Rest In Peace Lady

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh Helene I am so very sorry you guys are going through this. My deepest condolences to you, Renee, Douglas and Deacon.

Rest In Peace Lady
Thank you so much, we really appreciate it and need it!

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

I'm so sorry for your loss, Helene.
Lady was truly a beautiful girl. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Renee, Douglas and Deacon. RIP sweet Lady, knowing you are loved.
Sorry, Eileen, did not see your post, just did a pm to you, disregard please. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers for our sweet little girl!

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

For all of you who have expressed your condolences to us, we greatly appreciate it! It is wonderful to have people who know what you are going through!

Helene

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss, I am glad that you were able to be there with her until she went to the Bridge. She is now healthy once again.

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I am so very sorry for your loss, I am glad that you were able to be there with her until she went to the Bridge. She is now healthy once again.
Thank you so much for the gift, it is very much appreciated!

Helene