What's On The Menu For Sunday Dinner?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I am doing broiled pork chops, fresh red potato's and green beans with almonds. For dessert fresh peaches with vanilla bean yogurt...

How about you?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I just got done wolfing down some sour cream and onion potato chips and a diet coke so I'm not really hungry!! Plus its too warm to cook.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"Sunday Dinner" happens on Friday in our house, and it was panfried sole with parslied nugget potatoes and scarlet runner beans from the garden, followed by drunken blackberries and ice cream. Tonight it's sausages, with leftover nugget potatoes panfried, and either more beans or garlic carrots (for a change). Dessert will probably be the rest of the cherries I bought the other day, which are definitely end-of-season disappointing. Oh, well...

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We picked up our supper at the restaurant we had lunch at. So Mom and I split a Filet Mignon, roasted potatoes and salad and for dessert we had the rest of a lemon merange(SP?) pie that I made a couple of days ago.

pinkmonkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have a few odds and ends that needed to be used up so tonight we are having grilled pork chops, twice baked potatoes, sweet potatoes (for the baby) and some broccoli.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a pot roast. Once that was done, I shredded the meat and mixed in barbecue sauce. Once the corn on the cob was done, I put the meat mixture in the microwave to heat up and put on fresh french rolls. Yummy barbecued beef sandwiches. DH loved it!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I suspect left over meat loaf and left over squash.

But I COULD grill a steak, if that's what Dottie wants.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A dinner filled with Michigan produce. Green salad with two lettuces, red bell pepper, carrot, onion, cucumber... sweet corn. Sliced tomatoes with basil from my garden.

Costco had Alaskan Coho salmon... so I baked that up with middle-eastern spices. and made a family favorite box mix called wheat pilaf.

Dessert - purchased carrot cake.

(Boy was that fish good!!!)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was supposed to go out for Greek food tonight, but apparently the restaurant we were going to go to is closed today. So I'm making BBQ Ribs, baked potato, and salad, with a nice ice cold beer and some fresh fruit for dessert.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John went out to eat with his parents and grandparents for lunch, so wasn't really hungry. So we had the usual "quick" meal of instant mac and cheese and instant mashed potatoes, with bread.

Tomorrow night we're having steaks cooked on the grill, potatoes and salad

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Michigan produce!

My grandfather had a farm near New Era, north of Muskegon. He raised strawberries and asparagus; the Eagles, just down the road, had an orchard, so we always had good fruit and veggies.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

...followed by drunken blackberries and ice cream...
Oh my. You'd better post that recipe, or I'm going to have to show up at your door for some!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just barely got home from VT, and we stopped and got a drink and a quick snack. So not making anything big tonight. Maybe a sandwich or something, but I'm really not that hungry.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh my. You'd better post that recipe, or I'm going to have to show up at your door for some!
Oh, dead simple. Just wash the berries (any berries, actually, or mango works nicely, too) drain, place in a bowl and pour a few tablespoons of brandy or orange liqueur of your choice over. Swish around a bit and cover until you're ready to serve, and then drape them over a scoop of nice vanilla ice cream, and dizzle with the juice from the bowl. Easier than possible and really lovely.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rob and I went to Fisherman's Quarters for dinner tonight (late date night dinner). I had a grilled salmon steak, fries, bread, and salad. Rob had fried clam strips and popcorn shrimp with fries.

And our waitress was terrible