Iced coffee recipe?

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone ever make iced coffee? I used to get it all the time before I moved, here in Maine I dont think I've seen even one road side coffee stand, in WA they were all over the place! I never ever drink hot coffee but I loove iced and Im having a craving but those Starbucks cold coffees from the grocery store have so much milk/sugar that they just dont do it for me. I've tried a few recipes before but it always just tasted like cold coffee. Has anyone ever made any that turned out good?

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
* 6-8 cups strong coffee
* 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

Directions

1. Combine brewed coffee and sweetened condensed milk in a large pitcher.
2. Refrigerate until chilled.
3. Serve over ice.
4. TIP- Use leftover coffee to make coffee ice cubes with.
5. Then you have the chill without getting watered down.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Does anyone ever make iced coffee? I used to get it all the time before I moved, here in Maine I dont think I've seen even one road side coffee stand, in WA they were all over the place! I never ever drink hot coffee but I loove iced and Im having a craving but those Starbucks cold coffees from the grocery store have so much milk/sugar that they just dont do it for me. I've tried a few recipes before but it always just tasted like cold coffee. Has anyone ever made any that turned out good?
Try Burger King's Ice BK Mocha Joes or

Coffee
Milk,
Lots of Sugar
and
Chocolate syrup
and add ice

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my favorite Iced Coffee Recipe.

In a blender add

1 and 1/2 cups of coffee, instant or perked fine
2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
1/2 teaspoon of flavor extract ( almond, mint, chocolate, vanilla, etc etc, any type of flavor you like)
1/2 cup crushed ice...

Blend until smooth.

to give it a bit of a punch, add 2ozs Irish cream or amaretto liqueur...instead of the flavor extract..

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make iced mocha coffee.

Brew strong Coffee (I grind my own beans), add to pitcher and add either hot chocolate mix (I use Stephan's fat free hot chocolate)or international coffee's mocha flavored. Also add some coffee mate french vanilla, liquid (or another brand). I put that in the fridge and when I want a glass I fill my small personal blender with ice, pour the coffee mixture in and blend till thickened. I love it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say, the coffee and condensed milk= SOOOOOOOOO good!!!
I couldnt believe it! It takes the bitterness away without being super sweet. YUMMY!!!!

And the recipe with ice cream and extract was really good too, I used mint extract and it was really yummy the next day!

WOO! Thanks guys!!