Grrr... My phone is messed up!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cell phone is broke!

It was laying on the desk charging and when I went to pick it up, It was off.

I turned it on and it went off.

I realized the back of it was WET!!

But there isn't anything wet on the desk

I took it apart and the inside of the battery compartment was wet but the inside of the phone itself wasn't

I'm thinking it just ruined the battery cuz when I turn it on it says "Charging" and then "No Battery" and shuts off

The phone is expensive but the battery is cheap.
Vibes that it's just the battery?

This is the phone I have

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/d...SCH-R410ZRAMTR

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope your phone isn't ruined ... I just got my own cell back a few weeks ago; I went to turn it on one morning, and NOTHING! Fortunately we were able to get it fixed without having to pay...(it was insured through the place we bought it), although it took forever for them to actually get it back to me; it was maddening, because they said 7-14days tops...go figure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

I hope your phone isn't ruined ... I just got my own cell back a few weeks ago; I went to turn it on one morning, and NOTHING! Fortunately we were able to get it fixed without having to pay...(it was insured through the place we bought it), although it took forever for them to actually get it back to me; it was maddening, because they said 7-14days tops...go figure!
Well, I opted for NOT getting the insurance because with the carrier I have they still charge you for half of the phone price.. which I paid $289.00 so it would be close to $150 with shipping

I figured if something went wrong with it I could buy another one for less then half of what I paid for this one

It's just really odd because I can't find where the liquid came from

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No chance you got it wet during the day? Cat piddled on it? Battery isn't housebroken?

You can probably get a new battery for it on e-bay for very little money.

Edit: I found the battery on e-bay for $8, plus $5 shipping.

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like the battery. The inside of the battery case needs to be cleaned out well or you will start to see corroded areas in the next week.

Do you use the keyboard much? I have a similar phone, which I love, but I rarely use that keyboard and I expected to use it all of the time.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

It sounds like the battery. The inside of the battery case needs to be cleaned out well or you will start to see corroded areas in the next week.

Do you use the keyboard much? I have a similar phone, which I love, but I rarely use that keyboard and I expected to use it all of the time.
It could be a faulty battery leaking so I would make sure you take it out and away from the phone.

I have the LG like it and use the keyboard every day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

No chance you got it wet during the day? Cat piddled on it? Battery isn't housebroken?

You can probably get a new battery for it on e-bay for very little money.

Edit: I found the battery on e-bay for $8, plus $5 shipping.
I found that battery too

Originally Posted by lauracatlover

Wow
it's one of those with a built in keyboard!
niiiice.

Hope it is just the battery. That's a cute little phone!
I looooooooove my phone!

Originally Posted by Mom of 4

I use my keyboard more then I use the phone!

Weird..... Brandon put the battery back in it this morning and it's working!

I'm still going to have it checked out though