*****KatKwery! - August 30 - KatKlik Day*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am posting KatKwery early today because this computer is going to be used for the D/FW get together today. Also, I posted late yesterday and lets see if we get some different players at this time. Or is everybody on holiday?

Anyway we had a CLEAN SWEEP yesterday. All five secret words were used. Laureen227 used happen. Luvmycat1 used really. Marianjela used because. And Catkiki used toy(s). Little was also used but after the other words.

Everybody gets 700 points. Check the standings, they are already updated. BTW when you click on the standings you are taken to a blog. Yes, that is a blog with its own web address (and can be found by google by just typing in KatKwery). Just threw that in because we were talking about blogs the other day.

Today's KatKwiz was about that damn clock!!!

Is it clear to you how your own personal clock works? What is there, if anything that you do not understand about it? Are you getting sick and tired of KatKwizzes that keep asking questions about this clock? Do you hate it when I give math problems involving that clock? Do you keep points outside of your bank and fail to receive interest when your clock runs down to zero?

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand fully how my clock works. At least I think I do
I know that it if I dont log on to TheCatSite every 24 hours, it wont restart until I do after it runs down to zero. And that the countdown does not start until I log on. If I log on before the clock runs down to zero it doesnt affect the clock unless I am still on when it reaches zero. If I am on when the clock reaches zero it will roll over as if nothing happened and I am paid my a percentage of points based on my bank. I am aware that I essentially lose points if I am not on when my clock reaches zero, but my schedule is pretty sporadic and I cant logically make it online at the same time every day. Although I have tried to find the perfect timing, right now mine resets in the early evening. Currently my interest is 133 points. I was excited when my bank earned enough interest to put me over a hundred

I missed today's KatKwiz, not that I could have participated in it anyway, but I am not tired of questions regarding it yet. There will always be new members on the list that need to learn about their clock. And because it is such an important part of TCS I think it is an essential topic. At least as far as earning points or interest is concerned. It is at least valuable knowledge geared toward the fun playful side of TCS - the side where we can earn and spend points on each other.

As I have said repeatedly in the past, I was a math major in college, so I never get tired of math questions, no matter what the topic.

I TRY not to keep my points outside the bank and try to remember to deposit them into the bank regularly, but I admit I dont do it daily, especially not if I dont win the KatKwiz or the KatKwery. I used to keep out just enough to buy a gift if I needed to, especially when we were playing the pay-it-forward game, but then I deduced that it wasnt too bad to just withdraw them if I needed them. I never think I am earning enough points with my daily points to warrant the effort to transfer them daily otherwise, although maybe I should. Maybe if I set my homepage to automatically go to the bank, I would be reminded to transfer my points more regularly without the little PM pop-up reminder I get every so often when Lee sends my winnings. And even then, it isnt assured that I go straight to the bank to transfer them. Usually I am side-tracked by looking for the Kwery and writing my daily book.

Hmm... well, I hope you guys are having fun at your meet-up today. No making fun of the posts we make today
and no funny business with the secret words - if we log on tomorrow to find all Dallas winners we'll have to have a lynching
Just kidding of course!!!

PS - Lee, what is the latest scoop on the cat for DW??? I cant wait to hear all the KatKlik details. I'll be keeping an eye out for the update!!!

Oh yeah, and thanks again for the points! I had a dream last night (pretty bad huh?) that once DW got her new cat, P&A had to come up with a new name..... Does that mean I have an addiction? and do they offer counseling for it???

PS - I checked the SuperChiro/KatKwery standings blog. I usually check it every day, but I was surprised to see how close I getting to the leaders. Wow! Luvmycat - congratulations for today's (or was it yesterday's) win! but too bad for me
It';s really exciting to see what will happen over the next 32 days. I predict Yam to climb the ladder and walk all over us all -

PPS - Lee, I knew about the standings page being it's own domain and also your personal cat page, mainly because when I was locked out of TCS awhile back, I went to your page and seen that people were still winning, which drove me nuts since I couldnt get on - I almost sent you an email, but didnt know what to say/write - imagine that

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Is it clear to you how your own personal clock works? What is there, if anything that you do not understand about it? Are you getting sick and tired of KatKwizzes that keep asking questions about this clock? Do you hate it when I give math problems involving that clock? Do you keep points outside of your bank and fail to receive interest when your clock runs down to zero?
it's clear - just doesn't really mean much to me. i get on when i can, don't pay much attention to when that is or what i'm doing at the time my clock is supposed to start over. i hate math in general, so don't usually try if the KatKwiz involves math. i keep some points [enough for a gift] outside the bank so that they're easily accessible.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am posting KatKwery early today because this computer is going to be used for the D/FW get together today. Also, I posted late yesterday and lets see if we get some different players at this time. Or is everybody on holiday?

Anyway we had a CLEAN SWEEP yesterday. All five secret words were used. Laureen227 used happen. Luvmycat1 used really. Marianjela used because. And Catkiki used toy(s). Little was also used but after the other words.

Everybody gets 700 points. Check the standings, they are already updated. BTW when you click on the standings you are taken to a blog. Yes, that is a blog with its own web address (and can be found by google by just typing in KatKwery). Just threw that in because we were talking about blogs the other day.

I'm pretty sure of how my own clock works. The only thing I'm not sure of is why the time of interest payments change. I don't mind Katkwizzes about the interest clock. If they involve math though I usually never figure them out. Math is one of my worst subjects, it hurts my head.
I usually keep all but like 1500 points in my back so I can get lots of interest. Right now I'm making over 300 points a payment. Now whether I'm on or not the time of payment is a different story. I check to see when they will be payed but sometimes I forget to make sure I am active at the time.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I did it - I changed my homepage from my UserCP to my Bank. Now maybe I will remember to deposit my points into the bank everyday. And also pay more attention to when my clock resets.

From my bank page it is easy enough to hit the top link to take me to my UserCP page or the Forums page to the Cat Lounge...

Just got back from the Zoo a few minutes ago, hhavent had time to look around the forums yet, hope your Dallas meet-up is going well... really look forward to hearing about it!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Darn I checked twice for katkwery and didn't check back and I totally missed it!! That stinks!!

It is very clear to my how the person clock works and I check it daily, Ive been losing points due to my new job though, missing out on when the interest is given and then my clock doesn't restart! I dont think there is really anything I dont understand about it. You go to Shop, get a dropdown menu, go to bank, it shows how many points you have in the bank and how many points are not in the bank, and then the clock shows you when you will get intrest again. If you're not on when the clock runs out of time it doesn't restart again until you get back on and do some sort of action, normally the first thing I do is go to the shop menu and check it and then deposit the points normally which is 5 from the previous night and then go to back to bank and then it restarts my clock! I like it when you ask about it, because it one of the things I think I understand pretty well! I hate it when you give math problems period, they dont have to be about the clock to confuse me!! It just has to be something with numbers and my brain goes blank! Whats funny about that is I always took math as extra credit because its easy for me, but I do need paper and pen for the things you normally ask, and then normally I miss by doing something too fast and skipping something! I try not to keep any points out of the bank, although since I missed yesterday there were 1700 points not in the bank that didn't get intrest! (the 1000 points is still a mystery, I think the point fairy came) The interst being lower than it use to makes it hard to keep points outside of it! When I see someone with 20,000 points out of the bank Im always shocked! I take the points out of the bank when I want to give someone a gift or a donation, and then if theres even 3 points left I shove them back in the bank just to hopefully hit the magic number that gets you that extra point! I hope everyone is having a Happy Labor day Weekend! Im trying to find someone to let me work for them so I can get time and a half!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

it's clear - just doesn't really mean much to me. i get on when i can, don't pay much attention to when that is or what i'm doing at the time my clock is supposed to start over. i hate math in general, so don't usually try if the KatKwiz involves math. i keep some points [enough for a gift] outside the bank so that they're easily accessible.
Haha if I had that many points I probably would leave some out too! But thats way more than enough for a gift!