I am Back! With pregnant kitten in tow...

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It has been SO long since I have been here. My life since last November has blown up on several occasions. I really have missed you guys and the community I grew to love here. I would think about you often. In Nov07 my husband and I both suddenly lost our jobs. I had to move to Houston and live with my parents and find work asap. Jordan had to put our house we had worked SO hard to refurbish on the market. JUST after we had gotten it finished the way we wanted it. Got tossed around quite a bit here in Houston for the past few months, almost have separated a few times, but we are trying to work things out.

We will see.

ANYWHO! I am back. We both have jobs we really love and a brand new home that is perfect for us and the kitties. (Polly and Little Boy) I had to leave Roxie in Mabank.
She started to pee outside the litter box when I left for Houston. Jordan didn't want to accommodate her by getting another litter box, so I found her a good home with a nice little old lady who had just recently lost her cat of 14 years. Roxie will do well there. One cat home, she never did well with others once we got little boy.

SO! Now we have a pregnant kitten, her story I will post in preggo cats and kittens. I tell ya, I don't know ANYTHING about pregnant cats OR babies, so ANY advice in that thread will be much appreciated. Vet said she is due in 1 MAYBE 2 weeks. AH!

I look forward to surfing around and catching up on all the stories! Ya'll take care!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

so, what are you doing today? i ask, because there's a gathering of the metroplex folks @ Lee's today...
DFW meetup
DFW meetup 2
we'd love to see you there, if possible!
I would LOVE to be there, I saw the thread! But I live in Houston now.

Maybe I can evacuate to Dallas and bring pics of the kitties.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yarra

I would LOVE to be there, I saw the thread! But I live in Houston now.
I wanted to go too, but we couldn't make it.
Are you having to evacuate yet??

Maybe I can evacuate to Dallas and bring pics of the kitties.
I didn't know anything about pregnant momma cats & newborn kittens, either:
But then we adopted a pregnant stray, and kept the momma & babies.
It's not as bad as you think it'll be. The momma does most of the "work".
You'll be okay.

Welcome back, and I hope you'll be okay! We're preparing for the hurricane, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I wanted to go too, but we couldn't make it.
Are you having to evacuate yet??

I didn't know anything about pregnant momma cats & newborn kittens, either:
But then we adopted a pregnant stray, and kept the momma & babies.
It's not as bad as you think it'll be. The momma does most of the "work".
You'll be okay.

Welcome back, and I hope you'll be okay! We're preparing for the hurricane, too.
I don't think we are going to have to evac. Unfortunately, I think it's headed straight for New Orleans, and it has become a cat 4.
Poor New Orleans. I hope the levees hold.

There are two more hurricanes forming out there though. Not sure where they are going to go. My tank is full and we are stocked up on canned goods and water. I am just keeping my fingers crossed for NO.

Here is some funny news!! Momma, whom I have named Mia, was previously called Kit Kat.
How is that for kismet!