Stupid Commercials

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My s/o's watching TV, and I can hear it in the background. That stupid Geicko commercial just came on - the one with the caveman, Every time I see it, I just want to throw something at the TV!
It doesn't even make any sense to me!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I love that one! The idea is that their ads have been saying that whatever they're advertising is so simple, "even a caveman could understand it"... and these cavemen-in-really-nice-suits protested the implied insult to their intelligence, see... so now representatives of the company are meeting with them to smoothe things over. I think it's hilarious!

However! There's an ad for some kind of anti-gas medicine that I reallllly hate. So I know what you mean!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The commercial that I really think is in poor taste is the First Response Pregnancy test one..
The line "the most advanced technology you'll ever pee on" makes me wonder what kind of genius thought that one up...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

The commercial that I really think is in poor taste is the First Response Pregnancy test one..
The line "the most advanced technology you'll ever pee on" makes me wonder what kind of genius thought that one up...
haha! And they have a guy talking too, which is even more stupid!

And those "Have a happy period!" ones are too much too!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's two commericals on right now that I think are really stupid. First, there's all those Progressive Insurance commericals with the ditsy lady wearing absolutely huge false eyelashes and a dark wig. And then there's the commericals for Silence Your Rooster.com. Those make absolutely no sense to me at all.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

haha! And they have a guy talking too, which is even more stupid!

And those "Have a happy period!" ones are too much too!
Happy period my a-s I hope a guy came up with that crap! I can't believe a woman would

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

...... And then there's the commericals for Silence Your Rooster.com. Those make absolutely no sense to me at all.
I do not get those at all!!! Every single one of them that's on! I have no idea what it's for!

So.....um.......if you put a commercial on and people are sitting scratching their heads, and don't know what the heck you're advertising........what good is it?

Dumb.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is this commercial that me and my niece first saw and we just looked at each other after it was over and cracked up laughing it was so stupid.

Its some deodorant commercial where this girl says there are 5 reasons why you can wear it (or something like that) and she precedes to walk through the city with the music in the background "Get Em Up, Get Em Up" in difeent really silly scenarios that her arms are up and you cant see her deodorant.

It is soooooooooo sooooooooooo silly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh, I love that one! The idea is that their ads have been saying that whatever they're advertising is so simple, "even a caveman could understand it"... and these cavemen-in-really-nice-suits protested the implied insult to their intelligence, see... so now representatives of the company are meeting with them to smoothe things over. I think it's hilarious!
I guess you're a whole lot smarter than me, Carol!

Originally Posted by Pami

There is this commercial that me and my niece first saw and we just looked at each other after it was over and cracked up laughing it was so stupid.

Its some deodorant commercial where this girl says there are 5 reasons why you can wear it (or something like that) and she precedes to walk through the city with the music in the background "Get Em Up, Get Em Up" in difeent really silly scenarios that her arms are up and you cant see her deodorant.

It is soooooooooo sooooooooooo silly.
That's another one that just drives me nuts!
Especially when she raises her arms in front of the cop car, and proclaims, "I'm innocent - but fresh!" Then she sniffs at her armpits.

I kinda get a kick out of "Flo" and the Progressive ones - especially when that guy buys all those insurance policies, and his wife is like, "We don't have any of that stuff." And the guy says, "Well, actually, we do." Then Flo says, "Surprise!" and the wife gives her 'the look'. Flo just states, "Let's bag these up."

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sick of any Geico commercial.

I don't get the Shutoff Your Roster commercials, either. Not very good advertising.

My least favorites are for herbal male enhancement and size expansion, especially the "Bob" ones for Enzyte and the Extenze one. BTW, the owner and the officer's of the Enzyte company that makes it (and I think Extenze) have been indicted for fraud. One of them is the founder's mother!

The ones I like are the Comcast ones because they are funny and they don't use the same ones over and over again. I love the Bill and Carolyn Slowsky's commercials.

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That Gas-x commercial is hilarious with the subtle fart "innuendos".

I am thoroughly sick of the Progressive commercials with the retro look girl & her stupid name tag already & have been sick of the geico gecko for quite some time now. There are waaaay too many car commercials out & too many drug commercials out, too.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I guess you're a whole lot smarter than me, Carol!

Ha! No, I'm afraid it's not smarts that make me laugh at commercials... I just spent too long in the advertising industry.

ellen13

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The Geicico caveman commercials were cute at first but I can't stand to look at that damn caveman now. They really need to stop doing them. The one they did with Little Richard was really good. I wish they would keep showing that one instead of that blasted ugly caveman.