Vibes for a friend and how dare this guy talk to us like that!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, vibes, please, for a friend who also teaches aqua aerobics classes that I attend.
It was very hot here today and we kept telling Marion that she should put up an umbrella. No, she said because they were for the members.

She would sprinkle water on herself and douse her hat in the pool. All of a sudden, she is sinking to here to her knees and cannot get up. We go to help her and to get the club manager. I should also say that she was in an auto accident 3 months ago caused by the other driver and she was hurt.

The club manager comes out with the co-manager. They take care of Marion. We are all concerned and she is still telling us what to do. The staff helps her out and calls 911. She left and as she did told us to keep working for the last 20 minutes and to remember to stretch for the last 5.

The club manager comes back and tells us that Marion is being taken care of and that we cannot be in the water unsupervised without an instructor. If looks could kill, this under 30 manager would be dead. Some of the women in the class looked at him and said that they were old enough to be his mother and that they didn't need supervision. Then he said that it was okay because or our ages!

I am not old enough to be his mother and neither are a number of others in the class. I just like aqua aerobics.
I wanted to tell him the other classes I take at the club and I can assure you that he could not keep up with my dance classes.

Anyway, he sent out the manager of aquatics/pool/swim team/, who is a wonderful and down to earth (or is that water) guy to give us the go ahead to continue. He looked at us and said that we should go ahead.

As I said, Marion is okay. I led the class in a warm-down stretch. I don't think the stupid manager would believe that I could do it because of course I am senile.

Has anyone noticed that I am not happy about this?

Do you believe that arrogant
manager?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't sound as if the guy has very much compassion..

I hope your friend will be okay!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending along some get well vibes for your friend,

As for the other courtesy and common sense are not part of some people's make-up...something that an individual who works with the public really should take the time to learn.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it sounds like the club manager has his club's interests at heart. Given what just happened to your friend Marion, he may have thought that the aqua-aerobics class was some sort of hydro-therapy class that should not continue without supervision in case anyone got hurt.

Vibes for Marion's health!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

I would assume that the manager was upset about one of his coworks geeling bad enough that 911 was called - figure that he was upset enough that his normal tack was not functioning.
I would like to think that, too, but it wasn't the case. The logical ones were the assistant manager and the aquatics manager. They knew how many of us attended and were not concerned.

I am glad that Marion is fine. Silly thing is that she was subbing for this class because the usual teacher had an emergency with her husband.

What a comedy of errors!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vibes for your friend I hope she feels better soon!

Hopefully that guy will learn a thing or two about manners before someone smacks him upside his head

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Marion is ok. That would be scary!

As for the manager, if he was the club manager, he was probably just covering the club's butt, so to speak. He probably had no idea what is involved with water aerobics, and honestly if someone got hurt or drown, some people might sue the club because people were in the water unsupervised. He could have been a little more tactful though.