*****KatKwery! - August 29*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am posting the KatKwiz and KatKwery 12 hours apart today just to give other people in different time zones a chance and to see if there are any new players as a result.

yam102284 continued her string of wins by using never. Marianjela kept pace by using seen and Glitch actually used the word blog, which was the subject of a very recent KatKwiz. Not used were could and afraid.

Today's KatKwiz was about our family cats being like bobcats and pumas.

Does it ever occur to you that your cat might suddenly revert to its wild instincts and attack you? Do you know the difference between bobcats and pumas? If your cat were to suddenly change into a bobcat or a puma, which one would you pick? If your cat(s) just simply killed a mouse, would you feel something like pride? Does your
cat(s) like to pounce on things and pretend he is killing things?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Does it ever occur to you that your cat might suddenly revert to its wild instincts and attack you? Do you know the difference between bobcats and pumas? If your cat were to suddenly change into a bobcat or a puma, which one would you pick? If your cat(s) just simply killed a mouse, would you feel something like pride? Does your cat(s) like to pounce on things and pretend he is killing things?
i'm never worried they might attack me, altho i guess it could happen.. they're all just such sweethearts, i can't believe it ever would, barring some sort of sickness or disorder. since i live in 'bobcat' country, [that's even the school mascot where i teach] i definitely know the difference between them - bobcats are quite a bit smaller, & have a patterned coat. pumas are the same thing as cougars, painters [local mispronunciation of panthers] or mountain lions - larger, mostly a light tan in coloration. i'd choose a bobcat - smaller, easier to deal with. John [AmberTheBobcat] has several bobcats, but only 1 puma. the bobcats he owns are mostly housecats - he does have one that lives in an enclosure. the puma, altho raised in the house, now lives outside [i'm sure, in great part, due to his size!]. if my cats killed a mouse... well, i'd be surprised! never seen any mice in the house [other than the computer kind
] so i guess i'd wonder where they found it! all of them love to do the 'pounce & kill', & Chip & Pixel will both bring me 'prey' - for Chip, it's usually one of the small stuffed cats around the house. Pixel brings me balls, facial tissue wads [clean ones!] & soft, small things like that. they do that 'look what i caught' meow while carrying them, too!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am posting the KatKwiz and KatKwery 12 hours apart today just to give other people in different time zones a chance and to see if there are any new players as a result.

yam102284 continued her string of wins by using never. Marianjela kept pace by using seen and Glitch actually used the word blog, which was the subject of a very recent KatKwiz. Not used were could and afraid.

Does it ever occur to you that your cat might suddenly revert to its wild instincts and attack you? Do you know the difference between bobcats and pumas? If your cat were to suddenly change into a bobcat or a puma, which one would you pick? If your cat(s) just simply killed a mouse, would you feel something like pride? Does your
Oh, yeah I've been attacked before. Nothing serious but attacked none the less. I do know the difference between a Bobcat and Puma. In fact a long time ago there were Pumas sightings where I live which is unusual. I would definately pick Puma if Popsie were to change into anything. I think I'd be pretty proud of Popsie if the killed a mouse. He's not an outdoor cat thought so there would have to be mice in the house for that to happen. EEK Now that Popsie's an old guy he really doesn't do a whole lot of pouncing anymore. He did kill a moth awhile back and I was very proud of him.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I've never worried about any of my cats attacking me, but I know the are fully capable of doing so. A friend of ours has a really mean cat and I do worry about their cat attacking my kids. In fact when we visit them I ask that they keep their cat in her cage because she likes to randomly jump on the kids biting and scratching them. More than anything I think she scares my sons. I realize cats do have wild instincts and I often wonder what they are thinking when they are playing attacking string or carrying around "dead socks". Or what about when they chase your feet under the covers? Hilarious! I have had cats in the past when I lived in the country kill mice and deliver them to my doorstep. I dont know if they were just showing off, or bringing me dinner - but gross.
Thanks, but no thanks!

Before today I didnt know a lot of the differences between a bobcat and a puma besides the bobcat not having a long tail, and one being bigger that the other. But of course as usual, I was tempted to learn since you asked. I was surprised to see that the puma (also known as a mountain lion or panther) isnt really considered a true "big cat". In that the puma is a member of the felidae family, which do not roar, instead they make noises such as purrs, hisses, chirps and screams. You know what I think is funny about that statement though, is that Bobcats only weigh 9-35 pounds generally, but pumas can reach weights of 90 to 150! But they say pumas arent "true big cats" Yeah right!!! And speaking of which, I also read that pumas and bobcats both will hunt deer; I'd like to see that tiny little bobcat no bigger than my house cat take down a deer
Although, I'm sure it can be done!

I imagine if my cat had a ability to change into a large cat - I'd pick the Puma. Go big or stay home I guess... Although I could afford to feed a Bobcat much easier I think

Like I said earlier, years ago when I lived in the country we had indoor/outdoor cats and they would bring home mice, moles, squirrels, birds, etc all the time. Ewww... I suppose even though I would rather they didnt bring them home to share, I was proud that they were doing their job. Mouse and mole wise anyway, not so much the cute chipmunks or birds... Of my cats now, Roly is the great white (and orange) hunter! People can say female cats make the best hunters all they want, but dont let Roly hear you - he will stalk a sock and kill in no-seconds flat! Then carry it around the house for all to see, with his chest all puffed out and radiating pride!

Well, thanks for the points again Lee. As always I appreciate them!! Have fun at your KatKlik tomorrow!!! Cant wait to hear all about it!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't worry about my girls attacking me.... except at night when they attack my feet under the sheet
Rusty loves to play with DH so much that DH needs to wear gloves. She bites and plays that hard! She doesn't mean anything by it though. I guess that I would much rather my girls be a bobcat since they are smaller than pumas. We have pumas or mountain lions in the mountains here and I would NOT want to meet one of those cats. They are beautiful but only if they are in a nature reserve or humane zoos. Every so often, we here about one that attacked a jogger or hiker. My girls wouldn't know what to do with a mouse if they met one, but they are good bug hunters. When the door is open, they sit by the screen door and pounce on any poor unsuspecting bug that enters under the door. The girls do like to pounce on their toys, my feet or just about anything that moves.