BC court trying to rehabilitate Pit bulls

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*sigh* same old story with the pit bulls. I feel so sorry for these dogs, it's not the dogs, it's the owners, it's unfortunate that in the wrong hands they can be SO dangerous. Atleast people are fighting to have the dogs rehabilitated instead of being PTS right away. I think that's good. I just hope they do a thorough job, these dogs make me so nervous...... again because of the owners, not the dogs.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...b-e8343d0cf33a

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well they rehabilitated most of the pit bulls that were confiscated in the Michael Vick case. I hope the dogs in this case are able to find good homes as well. American Pit Bull Terriers are great dogs and these poor animals deserve a second chance at a good life.

You can read about the Vick dogs here:
http://www.badrap.org/rescue/vick/index.cfm

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm always leery of "rehabbed" dogs of any type that were used as fighting. I just don't know that you can ever truly over-ride that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'm always leery of "rehabbed" dogs of any type that were used as fighting. I just don't know that you can ever truly over-ride that.
I agree, it makes me quite nervous personally......
I feel so sad for them though

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pit Bulls are great dogs! It is so sad to see people who train them to be mean and/or fight. I feel bad for all the dogs that have a bed rep. because of the way people train them! Poor pups! I hope they find a good home! I hate seeing animals being PTS because of peoples stupidy!
I would be a little nervous about a rehabbed pup too, but I think with the right owners and the right home (maybe it being the only pet for the family) that they would be ok!