Poll: Do you get angry when.......

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big fan of it..I think its disrespectful to obviously check out the opposite sex with your spouse present.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not currently in a relationship, but based on my past relationships I've answered "no". I'm just not a jealous person.

My last b/f was of the same mindset so it was nice. When he went out to buy himself a new bedroom suite he flirted up a storm with the sales girl and got one heck of a bargain. He came home and told me all about it
I didn't mind at all.

I did have one guy that got upset because I wasn't jealous of girls flirting with him.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really doesn't bother me. In fact, I know what DH likes, so if I see someone I sometimes point her out to him! To me looking is no big deal. I can appreciate a beautiful woman too. Now, if he stared at her all night and ignored me, or started talking to her and buying her drinks, THAT'S a different story!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted "sometimes". Hubby and I have been married together 20 years, for the most part I am not a jealous person, and heck, I have been known to take a look myself. But I have my limits - comments or ogling are best left for the night's out with the boys.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I'm not a big fan of it..I think its disrespectful to obviously check out the opposite sex with your spouse present.
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm not currently in a relationship, but based on my past relationships I've answered "no". I'm just not a jealous person.

My last b/f was of the same mindset so it was nice. When he went out to buy himself a new bedroom suite he flirted up a storm with the sales girl and got one heck of a bargain. He came home and told me all about it
I didn't mind at all.

I did have one guy that got upset because I wasn't jealous of girls flirting with him.
Funny you say that Linda,
Today I went to get the oil changed in the car and ended up getting it done for free along with having my tires rotated and balanced, free windshield wiper blades and free washer fluid because I flirted with the guy

I told Brandon about it and he just laughed

Then when we went to Subway, they gave me a free drink and 2 free cookies!

Originally Posted by calico2222

It really doesn't bother me. In fact, I know what DH likes, so if I see someone I sometimes point her out to him! To me looking is no big deal. I can appreciate a beautiful woman too. Now, if he stared at her all night and ignored me, or started talking to her and buying her drinks, THAT'S a different story!
That's the way I am too!

I've pointed them out to him to.
I'm secure enough with myself now that I don't mind he looks. It's human nature to look

He will even whistle at women in a parking lot and flirt a little.. It doesn't bother me at all.
Who knows, It may make that person's day!
As my mom taught me "You can look at the menu all you want, just make sure you eat dinner at home!"

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I voted no, because i always say with jealousy comes insecurity. I look as well but it doesn't mean anything, and besides were only human
And besides, i've got better things to do than waste my energy on being jealous over someone

Originally Posted by calico2222

Now, if he stared at her all night and ignored me, or started talking to her and buying her drinks, THAT'S a different story!
I agree, that's a huge difference to just looking a couple of times

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted yes, but really it's only becuase it would mean a broken promise. I NEVER made DH swear to not look at other women, nope, that was HIS choice (no, really, he brought it up, made the promise, etc. and I sat there wondering if he was losing it). He promised me that he wouldn't, and that it's disrepectful to me and to the woman he's staring at.

He also believes that the less he stares at other women, the more attracted he is to me. I can live with that, lol.

He's "different," what can I say?

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Used to bother me when Hubby flirted but I've grown out of it. I really don't have time to waste worrying about trival things like that. If he wants to look, who am I to stop him? He knows which side his bread is buttered on and he comes home to me everynight, so I figure after 12 years, I really have nothing much to worry about.

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I said sometimes. The only time it bothers me is if it's a friend! LOL. I guess looking at other women is harmless to me but when it's a friend there is more of a possibility of something happening? (NOT that DH would EVER be unfaithful!, that's just my insecurities).

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted sometimes. It really doesn't bother me all that much because I know it's a guy thing.. they're programmed to look at other girls
. I have my days though, when I feel a little jealous or irritated by it. Just depends on my mood that day I guess.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a S.O. at the moment, but I voted sometimes. I know that it's hard not to look at someone who you find attractive. I know that any man I'm with will at times look at other women. The key is showing me enough respect not to totally check a woman out when I am standing right next to you. A passing glance is one thing, but I have had guy totally stare at another woman. To me that shows a lack of respect.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

The David Beckham thread gave me a good idea for a poll...
I think the answer to your question is determined by what you mean by "looks at". There is looking at, and then there is LOOKING at.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I voted sometimes as well. It really depends on how the relationship is going and how my boyfriend makes me feel. Back when we had a really crappy relationship I was overly jealous to the point where I would go insane. I remember once making him drive me home on a date night and not talking to him for a day for merely glancing at a girl on the street.

Now, I am not jealous. In fact just the other day I saw a pretty hot chick with big boobs. I was like “baby! You’re missing big boobies!” Ill point out hot women to him if i see them. Sometimes, usually depending on the time of the month I will get jealous
. I really think now that I am not crazy he doesn’t want to look at girls. I rarely even see him checking girls out, where as before he did it ALLLL the time.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted 'sometimes'. I think a lot of it has to do with how good I'm feeling about myself at the time. If i'm having one of those "I feel so fat and my hair is hideous days", yeah I do get a little peeved. In DH's defense, tho, I don't think he really looks at other women; I think it's all in my head.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

He knows which side his bread is buttered on and he comes home to me everynight,
That is what Brandon says.. "I might look, flirt and joke but I know which side my bread is buttered on!"
Then he tells his buddies "I know where I sleep at night and I've seen her set of kitchen knives"

Originally Posted by bnwalker2

It really doesn't bother me all that much because I know it's a guy thing.. they're programmed to look at other girls :lol.
It's human nature

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope, he can look all he wants. I don't even care if he goes to strip clubs, but he doesn't want to. I actually got mad at him for not going when I was on vacation - his friend & radio show host DJs at one of the classier places in Denver, and Motley Crue had their post-show party there. He was going to comp'ed in and be able to hang out with Motley Crue and he didn't go!!
I couldn't believe it! I told him if I had been home, we definitely would have gone - nekkid girls or no!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no problem with DH looking at another woman. Likewise he has no problem with ME looking at another guy! He will often point out a good looking guy to me and I will point out a good looking girl to him!

This doesn't happen too much anymore since we have gotten older, (our 29th wedding anniversary is Sept 8th) but when we were younger, it happened all the time.