Felidae Cat & Kitten Dry Formula?

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I adopted a new cat Cricket (16mo female, solid black w/ copper eyes) and the shelter included a free 4# bag of Felidae Cat & Kitten dry food. Searching on here I've found opinions on the Felidae canned food but not much on the dry formula.

Anyone have any good/bad opinions on the Felidae Cat & Kitten Dry Formula? I've been feeding my cats Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck but if Felidae is better then I may switch to it (my other cat Ashley is a 2.5 yo female).

Felidae Cat & Kitten Formula

Mez

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
felidea is a good food but at this pt comes with a consitantly changing formula ( 3 times in a yr that I noted) ... NB also changes but they are apt to tell you Prior to ...

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi and congrats on your new cat

I have fed my cats Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck dry formula, and they *really* liked it. Now, after switching them over to wet, which I did very slowly, they love Natural Balance Venison and Green Pea canned best of all.

I think it comes down to what your cats like. I don't know about the Felidae, but if you do decide to switch over to it, remember to do it slowly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shanynne

I have fed my cats Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck dry formula, and they *really* liked it.
I'm not sure how well my cats like it but they eat it and the litterbox odor is much better than when I was feeding them Nutro MaxCat.

Mez

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats wouldn't eat the Felidae (and my dog wouldn't eat the Canidae)...??
But I believe it is pretty good food!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a good food. It's higher in calories than a lot of other dry cat foods on the market (521 in a cup) so you might want to feed a little less than you do of other adult cat foods. (Of course for a kitten it wouldn't matter since they can eat all they want).

It's neat that the shelter gave you some. All of the shelters here get food donated from Iams or Hill's or Purina so that's the food that goes home with new adoptions. It would be nice if a higher quality one did!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sakura

It's a good food. It's higher in calories than a lot of other dry cat foods on the market (521 in a cup) so you might want to feed a little less than you do of other adult cat foods. (Of course for a kitten it wouldn't matter since they can eat all they want).

It's neat that the shelter gave you some. All of the shelters here get food donated from Iams or Hill's or Purina so that's the food that goes home with new adoptions. It would be nice if a higher quality one did!
That's good to know about the higher calories. Ashley has gained over 2 lbs in the 3 months I've had her and while she's certainly not overweight I really don't think I need a higher calorie food.

As for the free bag, the local shelter also primarily gets Purina and the others so I'm sure the Felidae was a marketing special. I had to fill out a demographic survey card which the shelter sends back to Felidae.

Mez

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
felidae is good but my cats didn't seem to care for it much. Your cat sounds like a Bombay or Bombay mix. I swear my Bruschi is, even though he has white on him, He's black with the amber eyes and his personality definately fits the Bombay profile. His body profile does too. Good luck with the new kitty.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kittens like Felidae wet food, which I have offered to them as an occasional treat. They primarily eat Wellness wet food, but I have noticed that they get finicky if I offer them one brand or one texture or one flavor for a long time, so I rotate wet foods. The stuff in my rotation besides Wellness - EVO, Felidae, and Eagle Pack. I am thinking about adding Nature's Variety to the rotation also.
I just buy a can of something different about once a week to keep them from spurning the Wellness (even though I have lots of flavors of Wellness!). My kittens are boogers!