Dog site??

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my friends is looking for a forum like this one for dogs. Does anyone know if there are any good ones out there that can be compared to the Cat Site? I don't have a dog so I couldn't help her!

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OOO, good question. I have been interested in/looking for a good dog forum!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As a person who rescues animals, I was disappointed in the philosophy of a lot of posters on dogforums.org. I was a member for a while then stopped posting there. My philosophy is speuter anything that doesn't specifically extend the good traits of a breed. If your friend does rescue, it may not be the best site.

I've never found a site as good as TCS.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I was attacked one time by a group of back yard breeders on that site.
Wowza....haven't run into any issues there so far.

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

I belong to several dog forums. I think the best one is probably the forums at Dogster (www.dogster.com)[/url]
I tried Dogster and really was not impressed with it! I guess part of it is that TCS is so good and it is hard to find a dog site that compares to it.

I will try some of the others that were suggested on her!

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

As a person who rescues animals, I was disappointed in the philosophy of a lot of posters on dogforums.org. I was a member for a while then stopped posting there. My philosophy is speuter anything that doesn't specifically extend the good traits of a breed. If your friend does rescue, it may not be the best site.

I was attacked one time by a group of back yard breeders on that site.
Momofmany I am very sorry that you feel that way. And it saddens me to see a post on TCS which suggests that dogforum.org is dominated by a "group of backyard breeders." Since I am a moderator there I feel I have to speak up.

I just checked not only all 39 of your posts over there but each and every response to your posts. I was not able to find a simgle thread which you participated in which even came close to an attack. Anyone who wants to can do a search and see for themselves by the way as it is possible to search for posts as a guest.

Furthermore at no time has there been a significant number of members who could be called a "group of backyard breeders." We have members who are breeders and handlers in the US and UK who are active and successful in their respective national organizations (AKC and UK KC) as well as many members who are active in rescue. Many of our members are knowledgable about the benefits and risks of spaying and neutering, particularly early spaying and neutering as is common in the US.

There are many different forums out there and there is pretty much every type of style you could ask for. DF.org is fairly tightly moderated, with zero tolerance for flaming. This does not however rule out discussing controversial topics and allowing diversity of opinion. We also have some members who are from TCS. It would be very sad if TCS members were to be left with a false impression so I felt a need to put this right.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Wowza....haven't run into any issues there so far.
I agree.. but BYB is defined differently by all ... and they are also a worldwide site and thus different cultures with differing ideals .. I quite enjoy the site and got a great amount of help with my ridgeback from so folks who knew hounds as I well
did not ..

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love my dog so much. He is my little Muffinpie LOL. I have tried at least 4 different sites for dogs. I have to say that I have never stayed at one for over a month. There really is nothing compared to TCS. For real… there’s not LOL. Whenever I feel the need to talk about my Bruno ill just write a post here.

I’ve never been bashed, or outraged at anything. I just never felt like I belonged, so the site never became interesting for me. Ill post something totally stupid here about my animals that no one else cares about but me and ill get 20 replies telling me how awesome that was, and i love that!! The dog sites I would post, and maybe, if I’m lucky ill get one or two responses.

So I have given up LOL. I am here to stay lol.