Attention Dallas area TCS get together attendees!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to break this out into a separate thread so that it would not be missed. The information below will ensure that we have an outstanding time and I thought it might be overlooked in the original thread.

Although many fun events are planned for Saturday, the highlight and crowning glory of the evening will be our cat presentations. Just like "show and tell" in grade school, you will be able to get up and tell us about your cats. Won't that be fun? The best way to show your cats to us in their very best light is to use my 42 inch plasma TV. Here are your best options:

If your laptop has an HDMI output, it can hook directly to the HDMI input of my HDTV. This is absolutely the best way of showing your cats because you can use the wireless facility of this house to access photobucket or wherever you keep your photos and pop them onto your laptop and they instantly display on the large Plasma TV.

If you are not rich like me, you do not have a newer laptop with HDMI output. But do not despair, here is a way (that I will be using). The back of my HDTV has all kinds of video and audio inputs to accomodate virtually any camera you may have. What I do is drag my photos and movies from wherever they are located onto the media card in my camera. I can then simply use my camera to show my movies and slides on the large screen TV. Just please make sure you bring the cables that came with your camera for audio and video output. If your pictures were taken at a resolution of 1200 or above, they will fill the entire 1020i screen that I have. They will look stunning. Almost all digital cameras have a slide show feature that you can input directly into my HDTV.

If you have all of your pictures on a laptop and do not care to put them on a camera's media card to show on the HDTV, that's fine, I have an area that you can place your laptop and it can be seen by all. If you have not joined the digital revolution and have photo albums of your cats, that's fine too, bring them along and we can pass them around the group.

But whatever method you choose, bring pictures of your cats and tell us about your cats.

I plan on making a movie of this event and placing it on YouTube for our other members to see what they are missing. No meeting at a restaurant could compare to the facilities being provided for this get together. Come hungry and be prepared to try foods you may not known have existed before prepared by a true Persian Chef (she will be wearing her cat apron in the kitchen). In closing, nothing has changed from my original posting as far as times and so forth.
See y'all Saturday!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to mention that if you do have a laptop with an HDMI output but you do not have an HDMI cable, I do have an HDMI cable that should work for you.
(What a sneaky way of bumping the thread.)

I did not have a movie of Alley until about an hour ago when she came out of hiding to come down and use her facility and grab a bite to eat and let me make a movie of her. That is all you will see of her unfortunately because she will be well hidden while you are here. You will be seeing plenty of Persi though. I guarantee he will greet each and every one of you. OK, I am signing off unless somebody posts a question.

Wait, I may have a question. I just joined YouTube as a member a few minutes ago for the purpose of posting a movie of our get together. I am sure I can figure out how to post a movie but in case I cannot, I know many of you already know how to do this and I may call on you to help me post the movie so that our other members can see it. Having said that, I am sure I will have it figured out.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I bring photos on a CD, I assume you have a laptop you can play it on?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

If I bring photos on a CD, I assume you have a laptop you can play it on?
You assume correctly, Mike. There is also a CD/DVD player hooked to the HDTV.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I borrowed a digital video camera from a friend today and will make some movies tonight or tomorrow. I plan to put the movies on a flash drive - I can't bring the camera with me as it is not mine. Would you have a computer I can plug this into? And can you plug that computer into your plasma TV? The files can be shown on any MP3 type player.

I'll warn you right now. My house is a mess. I haven't cleaned it since I started making the toys.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i have a new macbook. it's brand new [ok, about 9 months old
] but i have no idea if it has the HDMI [did i remember that right
] thingy on it. what would that look like? i know it has 2 USB ports, plus a ethernet port & a bunch of others that i don't know what they are
here're some pix of the side where all of the ports are:

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Look at those greeeeeeeeen toenails!
actually, they're a deep teal/turquoise. probably be the same on saturday... unless i do a new pedicure tomorrow night!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG! CAROL, U ARE CRACKIN ME UP! That was the only thing you saw,
was the toenails! I never even saw them, I had to go back and check them
out! I think their COOL!!!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

So should I have Dottie make something for me to bring?
Spoken like a true married man!!

(been married for 19 years and know that story)

Laureen - love the toes!

I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to bring videos after all. We made a short video and can't get it to play on our computer at home, so doubt that we'll get it to work on one of yours down there. I'll have to copy some pics to the flash drive instead.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I borrowed a digital video camera from a friend today and will make some movies tonight or tomorrow. I plan to put the movies on a flash drive - I can't bring the camera with me as it is not mine. Would you have a computer I can plug this into? And can you plug that computer into your plasma TV? The files can be shown on any MP3 type player.

I'll warn you right now. My house is a mess. I haven't cleaned it since I started making the toys.
I am returning even more cables that Radio Shack sold me telling me that they could hook my laptop up to my HDTV. They could not. I am convinced you need a laptop with an HDMI output to do this. My laptop, while very full featured, does not have an HDMI output. So this is a case where people with small digital cameras have a big advantage over people with laptops because their cameras can plug directly into my HDTV. At any rate, I do have a 19" wide screen laptop with a good place to set it so that it should be able to be viewed by all. And yes, it has several USB inputs. And, you can sit down in comfort, away from the laptop with my wireless pointer mouse to conduct your showing.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i have a new macbook. it's brand new [ok, about 9 months old
] but i have no idea if it has the HDMI [did i remember that right
] thingy on it. what would that look like? i know it has 2 USB ports, plus a ethernet port & a bunch of others that i don't know what they are
here're some pix of the side where all of the ports are:

I cannot tell for sure but Apple has been on the cutting edge and I am sure they would have it. An easy thing to do is to look up the model number on the internet and get the specs and see. But I would imagine an Apple that new would surely have an HDMI output. Give me the model number and I will look it up and see.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Look at those greeeeeeeeen toenails!
That is exactly the difference between you women and us men! I never once saw any toenails in the photos, I was heavily concentrated on the technical side of the photos. But you women are always obssesed with each other's feet, especially the shoes each other wear. DW just kissed me goodbye to walk to work. I have no idea in the world on what color shoes she was wearing.
I learned long ago that women wear shoes for other women, certainly NOT for men.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So should I have Dottie make something for me to bring?
Nothing at all. We are supplying all food and beverages. What we want YOU to bring is pictures of your cats and some ideas for fun parlor cat games. I will be starting things off with a fantastic cat game (described in my original thread) to give everybody an idea of what I am talking about. The only other thing you could bring is your photogenic personality so that I can make a movie of our event and have it posted Sunday on YouTube for the Worldwide TCS members to see!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lee, you may not know what color shoes she has on, but you'd BETTER know the color of her eyes; if you know what's good for you

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Lee, you may not know what color shoes she has on, but you'd BETTER know the color of her eyes; if you know what's good for you
And let's add to that: always notice when she gets her hair done or loses weight!