Anniversary plans!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whee! On March 31, 2009 DH and I will have been married 25 years. We've been kicking around ideas to make our Silver Anniversary special. I thought it would be nice to go back to Reno, where we got married and he thought that was ok, too. But he brought up going to Florida. Neither one of has ever flown, we're not big travelers, though we would like to do more. DH has a brother that lives in Homestead, and he's been inviting us to visit forever.

One of my biggest dreams has been to go to the Hemmingway house and see the Poly cats. Does anyone know how far it is from Miami to Key West and if it is do-able on a short budget? I am really excited about this and could use some good vibes to make it happen!!!!
And some good ideas for what to do in the area.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you check out a map of Florida and guesstimate how far these places are away from each other?? I bet the Hemmingway house has a website or is on a Florida tourism website that you might gather some information.

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
WOW!! Congratulations on the anniversary! Wonderful!!

And what a fantastic-sounding way to celebrate! I hope things go swimmingly, hehe!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Did you check out a map of Florida and guesstimate how far these places are away from each other?? I bet the Hemmingway house has a website or is on a Florida tourism website that you might gather some information.
I went to the Hemmingway website today. Oh, boy.....I'm really excited. I soooo hope we are able to get there. I didn't see how far it was from Miami. I've just started researching. Key West sounds like an amazing place.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! DH and I are working on our 3 yr anniversary...I can't even imagine right now being married 25 years.

You can try to use map quest to figure out the distance. Enjoy your second honeymoon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I really had to hunt for this thread...it was buried!

We called my DH's brother tonight in Florida. Glad to see Ike is going to miss him. He said they had rain and wind but no hurricane.

We told him we wanted to come down in March and he is as jazzed about it as we are!
He said that Key West is an hour and a half from him and that he will DEFINATELY take us there. I don't know if he means by boat, but he does like to tool around in his boat so it's entirely possible. He will be a great 'tour guide'!

Any suggestions on what else to see and do in S. Florida? I'm thinking the Everglades...DH has always wanted to ride on one of those airboats.