Cat only uses litter box for pee, not poop...ANYMORE!

danielcoffey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 5 year old female spade cat named Lucy. Within the past 6 months, she stopped pooping in the litter box, but still uses it to pee in. For over 4 years we never had a little box problem. She drops right in front of it on the carpet. We have finally taken drastic measures to remove the dome on the box, clean it every single day no matter what, and nothing helps. We have changed the litter a million times to try to find one she will use for the poo, but nothing works.

Anything anyone can help me with would really help!

Thanks!

seaturtle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Try putting another litter box right next to the one she pees in. And maybe another one in another location.

Some of my cats will only pee in one box and then not poop until they move on to another one.

I hope this helps!

Seaturtle

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by seaturtle

Hello,

Try putting another litter box right next to the one she pees in. And maybe another one in another location.

Some of my cats will only pee in one box and then not poop until they move on to another one.

I hope this helps!

Seaturtle
Yep, my cats do the same thing, pee in one and poop in the other

Have you had her checked by your vet? There could also be something else going on.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by seaturtle

Hello,

I hope this helps!

Seaturtle
worth a shot.
i assume she's been checked by a vet for possible health issues? i had a cat that pooped on the carpet for no reason i could see... turned out she had some kind of intestinal thing going on.
if everything's ok, health-wise, you might want to try the CatAttract, either the litter or the additive. it's really helped in my house! it's available online, but my local Petsmart also carries both items.