Reflexology

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anybody familiar with it or practice it? I have a reflexology book for beginners and was thinking of trying some on DH tonight. He has to go in tomorrow to have a balloon thing put in his, erm you know, to remove his kidney stone. Tonight I'm going to rub the spot on his feet for kidney, ureter, and bladder. Maybe by doing that he will pass it on his own.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother's girl friend has taken a reflexology course and does it occasionally. Four years ago when I was in the hospital she came a few times and did it on me. I don't remember the first 2, because I was in so much pain and totally drugged up, but the last one I remember felt very good. My brother told me that when she did it the first time when I was in the ER he noticed a huge difference in my breathing.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My niece was in a car accident two years ago and because of it has chronic back pain..She has tried various treatments since the accident as part of her pain management programs and has had some success with Reflexology...
So for some people it does work..

F.Y.I. She swears by acupuncture and has it done once a week....

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reflexology rocks! It was because of reflexology I discovered I have very bad cholesterol problems. It heals so many things in me it's difficult to list. My aunt didn't need to go for ballooning (heart) because of reflexology.

One thing I will warn you though, if you haven't tried it and there is a problem, that particular area WILL hurt when massaged or press. So do be careful.

Love it as much as I love acupuncture!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So how long does one typically have to rub the foot area for it to work?

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm interested in learning about alternative medicine but I'm not familiar with reflexology. Is this something where different parts are the foot are rubbed which affects different parts of the body?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

I'm interested in learning about alternative medicine but I'm not familiar with reflexology. Is this something where different parts are the foot are rubbed which affects different parts of the body?
Yup, you got it.

stormchickx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's been awhile since I've visited the board. Glad to see it's still fairly busy

I'm wondering if this work for Rheumatoid arthritis. I think mine is getting slightly worse now and I'm kind of scared of the medicines they put RA patients on. Does anyone know anybody with RA that's had this done?