This makes me so mad

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We changed our address to our house and today we get a letter from our Best Buy Card saying they updated our addy. Well it was upated to our old place. How can people be so stupid?

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, hopefully you can still get to the old house to get that mail. I dont even bother changing my addy sometimes anymore, since it either takes forever or not all. Hope it gets resolved fast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We can not any mail that goes to the old place. We called Best Buy today and they said they were sorry about that happening and that our bills have been coming back to them.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you send in a forward slip to your post office? If you send in a slip with your new address everything with your old address should be forwarded on, until you get your address updated with the companies.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is why I do not know why it was sent back. We are having the mail forwarded and as far as we know this was the only one sent back.

xlpooper

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found out the hard way that the US Postal Service messes up quite often with "Change of Address" thingies.
:You have to fill out a separate one for each person plus each spelling of each person. Say you get mail in the name of Mrs. John Smith, you fill out one change of address in that name. You also get mail to: Susan Smith, you fill out another change of address in that name.
And they still make mistakes.
And change of address runs out after 1 year

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely hope it gets fixed soon. You will need stuff from Best Buy for the house, like those big screen TVs.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol we are not getting any Tv's right now but the fridge,washer,dryer,Microwave and the Range came from there.
Today we got a Pg&e bill and guess what it was sent to the old address.
Sevice address is here but they have billing address as the old place.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xlpooper

I found out the hard way that the US Postal Service messes up quite often with "Change of Address" thingies.
:You have to fill out a separate one for each person plus each spelling of each person. Say you get mail in the name of Mrs. John Smith, you fill out one change of address in that name. You also get mail to: Susan Smith, you fill out another change of address in that name.
And they still make mistakes.
And change of address runs out after 1 year
Only for individual forwards. Which is what you need to do if there are members of your family have different last names. Otherwise if you fill it out as John Smith and check the family box on the CFS form, then all members of the family with the last name of Smith will be forwarded.
Forwards to your address do expire after one year, after that the mail is sent back to sender notifing them of your new address for 6 months.

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How frustrating. I do know what you mean, though. This time, in moving in early June, we still have yet to do a change of address. The good thing is that most of our mail was going to a PO box, so not many worries there.

But, still...c'mon people! LOL...those dorks!!

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Incompetence is a given in today's society where everyone is entitled to the best pay with the least thought & effort. Have you ever heard that ridiculous cliche' "I don't get paid to think" ? There ya go.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't even get me started!! When I moved in with my BF three or so years ago, they kept sending my mail to our landlord's address, despite numerous phone calls to the PO and the standard change of address form! My LL was sooooooo mad cause they kept getting my mail. (Now their mail is going to my old BF's address
).
Also, my mail is still going to 2 addresses ago as well as my x-husband's who never lived at this particular address to begin with.
I see it as a lost cause!

To boot, I finally changed back to my maiden name this year and moved again--my bank statements still show my married name and go to my XBF's house. I went to the bank and they showed everything had changed in their system and pretty much said that I was not receiving my mail at the wrong address. Well, I took them the unopened statement that showed my former name as well as my former address. They couldn't figure it out and said they would investigate further.

Makes you understand a little bit about why stolen identities are so rampant nowadays.