how to find coupons for quality wet food

smokiethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm now feeding my cats a quality dry but would like to give them wet also twice a day. It is sooo expensive so I would like some tips on ways to get coupons or cheaper deals on cans.
I can shop at petsmart,petco, farm supply stores. I haven't decided brands yet as I need to see what they like so I am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Oh, the diarhea has cleared up!!!!!

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The only brand I know that regularly gives out coupons is Nutro. Alot of times it goes on sale too at Petsmart. I think if you sign up on the web site you get coupons from them www.nutroproducts.com But I have seen some in the stores sometimes attached to bags and stuff

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very recently, another member posted that s/he was advised by the Wellness customer service department that coupons could be requested on a monthly basis....if you go that route and you want their best for your cat, select the grain-free varieties (look for the yellow triangle on the label).

Wellness contact info here

Wellness canned varieties here

Petco appears to now carry Wellness....you could also check here:
Wellness "Where to Buy?"

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BLAISE

Very recently, another member posted that s/he was advised by the Wellness customer service department that coupons could be requested on a monthly basis....if you go that route and you want their best for your cat, select the grain-free varieties (look for the yellow triangle on the label).

Wellness contact info here

Wellness canned varieties here

Petco appears to now carry Wellness....you could also check here:
Wellness "Where to Buy?"
Oh I didn't know they were offering coupons now, that is great!

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by smokiethecat

I'm now feeding my cats a quality dry but would like to give them wet also twice a day. It is sooo expensive so I would like some tips on ways to get coupons or cheaper deals on cans.
I can shop at petsmart,petco, farm supply stores. I haven't decided brands yet as I need to see what they like so I am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Oh, the diarhea has cleared up!!!!!
If you are going to switch them over from dry to canned make sure to do it very slowly!

Yes canned is sooo much more expensive
but at the same time, it is *soooooooo* much better for your cat's health in the long run!

http://www.catinfo.org/#My_Cat_is_Do...ne_on_Dry_Food

wishiwas

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It might be worth signing up for newsletters from the companies as well.. I don't know about any of the rest, but Wellness includes a coupon in their email newsletters. It's more often for dry food, but sometimes for wet. Now if only I had a printer..

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by wishiwas

It might be worth signing up for newsletters from the companies as well.. I don't know about any of the rest, but Wellness includes a coupon in their email newsletters. It's more often for dry food, but sometimes for wet. Now if only I had a printer..
Yes it does pay to contact and if needed join the "clubs"////

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to say ask for coupons on the company website, but I see that has been mentioned

Once you find a food they like (Kitty hates Wellness) buying in bulk might be cheaper. Also, ask the checkout people if they have any laying around. I work in a grocery store, and if one of my fav customers asks, I'll try to help out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smokiethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well,I bought several diff kinds of wet the other day. They liked chicken soup canned and merricks,but they hated the wellness. Ran to it,smelled it,and looked at me like'you are kidding,right?".
Hope to get to petco/petsmart this weekend and pick up some nutro or natural balance......or others

How can you tell how much carbs are in wet food???
From what I understood on one website is to start at 100%,subtract the moisture,crude protein, fat % and that is the carb percentage....and to stay below 10%

So if chicken soup canned is 11%protein 5.5%fat 1%fiber and 78% moisture, is the carb level only 4% or so?

Ingred start out with chicken,salmon,chicken liver,turkey,duck,chicken broth
whole grain brown rice,white rice,oatmeal,potatoes,barley,egg,flaxseed meal,
kelp,carrots,peas,apples,dried skim milk,cranberry powder,rosemary extract
parsley flake,taurine, dried chicory root,etc.

Whatdoya think?

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about the carb thing but those are all good brands. Out of the ones you've mentioned, the least expensive here is Nutro Max followed by Nutro Natural, Chicken Soup, and then Natural Balance.

I only feed wet 1x a day but I hope to switch to 2x a day in the future.

1 of my cats doesn't like Wellness either. Some cats just really dislike grain-free wet foods (most of Wellness' flavors are grain-free).