I can't believe I just bought that...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm starting a business... as my siggy image shows... well, I've discovered another method of making purses... involving yarn... and no, not knitting. So, since i live in Portland, eco-friendly materials are a HUGE deal here... and same for online... using quality stuff will *hopefully* bring in sales... so I found a place online that sells all kinds of LOVELY yarn... soy (undyed, so I didn't bother), linen, hemp, 100% cotton (in cool colors), silk, etc, etc... so I just spent 48 bucks in yarn. i got a few things... mostly to try some colors and materials...

Granted, if I'd bought it at full price, it would've been double that.

I'm gonna LOVE that site... *drools over pretty yarn* I seriously hope people buy these purses...

Amanda

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
show some off when they are done maybe i'll busy some

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes please let us see them when they are done.

Do you think you will be doing any beaded purses?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can probably put some random beads in... depending on the thickness of the yarn I use.

I'm making my own equipment, so it's taking time... I found some recycled silk yarn last week, which is what's prompting me to go for the nice stuff, as opposed to using acrylics... they're cool, but I want to do nice stuff, quality... tomorrow, I should be able to finish my equipment... I can't afford to buy what I need outright... it's way too expensive... so I'll save up...

A year ago I was trying to figure out how to make more money and how to get out of grueling work... my creativity is firing up everywhere i turn now... I used to joke I have creativity oozing out of my pores... I guess that's kinda accurate... we'll see how these start turning out once my equipment is done...

If all goes well, I should have something within a week or two (depending on when my vacation time is... I have been having some serious 'senior' moments lately and flaked on scheduling time off between the two jobs... I hope i got the second one right).

This is gonna be fun... next thing to figure out is what to do for handles... I have one idea... but I'm not sure...

Amanda

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"Please keep all discussion of buying and selling products to the marketplace forum - Thank you."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

"Please keep all discussion of buying and selling products to the marketplace forum - Thank you."
Thank you. I'm sorry for any issues that came of this thread. I wasn't going to post pics of them here anyway... I knew where those belong... I was just originally posting about the yarn purchase... I can't wait for it to arrive!! My tools are nearly done, so I can get started soon...

I need to take a trip to IKEA for more small boxes so I can keep the yarn grouped (silk, bamboo, hemp and cotton). Fortunately, it's a five minute drive!

I'll make an announcement in the Marketplace with pictures when I'm ready.

Amanda

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good because I am an obsessive purse and bag collector as well as earrings. It is an illness really and I know I need a 12 step program but I can't help myself.
I will be looking in the MP for your wares.

I am an artist too and I know the joys of finding some cool new materials or things to use. I used to get jazzed over new paint colors and my family just humored me and acted excited too. But it is fun to hunt for things.
I love Esty. They have some really great stuff on there. I find all sorts of pottery and art for my home.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you mind sharing the website for the yarn??
I've been knitting scarves like crazy again-some I'm donating to the local cat rescue for a fundraiser and I'm always on the lookout for sources of good looking stuff!!
I get some (but $$$) from a couple of ladies in VA if you are interested.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was sending an overnight letter to our daughter in college from the UPS store. The lady in front of me wanted to know the difference in sending her package overnight versus other methods. The clerk asked her what the item was worth and she said $500. Clerk asked what it was and the lady said a purse.

The clerk told that it would be $66 vs $15 to arrive tomorrow vs Tues. The lady picked Tues. After the lady left, I said to the clerk,"If she can afford a $500 purse, she can afford the $66!"

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

I was sending an overnight letter to our daughter in college from the UPS store. The lady in front of me wanted to know the difference in sending her package overnight versus other methods. The clerk asked her what the item was worth and she said $500. Clerk asked what it was and the lady said a purse.

The clerk told that it would be $66 vs $15 to arrive tomorrow vs Tues. The lady picked Tues. After the lady left, I said to the clerk,"If she can afford a $500 purse, she can afford the $66!"
I don't see that as the same thing at all. Even if one can afford a $500 purse why not pay less to ship if there is no rush for it to get there. That's just being smart with your money and may well be the reason she can afford the $500 purse.
As my old daddy used to say, a penny saved is a penny earned.