Surrogate Momma

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a momma cat brought into the shelter with several other cats from a home. There are obviously other mothers in there somewhere but they are ignoring the babies so this beautiful girl took on all of them

Lotus has two 4-5 week olds (we think these are hers as she is most protective of them), five 2.5 week olds and one that we estimate at 10 days

So Lotus...

and Pixel (grey) and Cable (black)

Firefox & Explorer are the brown tabbies, Java is the black, Google is the grey & white and Adobe is the black & white

in this one you can see little Flash, who is 10 days old on the left

and some more of flash

and to give you an idea of the size difference...

Flash, Google and Pixel

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow your babies are precious! One of the littlest ones (tabby) has a MOHAWK!!! Too cute

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Where was the cuteness warning!?! My heart stopped when I saw these beautiful babies.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh what a precious baby girl Lotus is taking care of her babies and everyone else's, too. Thats just soooooo sweet
She has a relaxed kind face

I bet she is grateful to have some help, thats A LOT of babies to be looking out for. They are all adorable

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my girls are very honored to have some new little ones be their namesakes! especially such cutie pies!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are all adorable!!
Wowza....how does the poor girl keep up with them all?

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww that's too sweet!
she and the kittens are adorable!

we have a male cat that nurses all the kittens at the shelter where I work it's so cute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

They are all adorable!!
Wowza....how does the poor girl keep up with them all?
With the help of some recovery formula food, KMR and a lot of patience - she is seriously the best momma cat I have seen in a long time she is great with them all and makes sure everyone gets to nurse. In a week or so we may have to separate the bigger ones as they are still nursing and tend to bully Flash. They think they are momma cats too though and clean the little ones and move them around and snuggle with them.

Way too cute!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is amazing! The last video you can really see the age difference in the kittens. Just seeing her so content and happy with that big huge pile if kittens...... I hope she finds someone who will treasure her forever

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

With the help of some recovery formula food, KMR and a lot of patience
Oh good! I was hoping they were being supplemented, or else the poor girl would waste away to nothing!

That little fatty Google is precious!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are giving her KMR mixed with food because the bigger kittens will only eat what she does and we are hoping to wean them onto wet so while she is fostered she is only nursing the 6 smaller ones. We were feeding Flash with KMR too just to make sure he is getting food since he is so small and the bigger ones just push him out of the way despite Lotus pushing them down.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just home from the shelter and they have all gained a little weight, including the momma cat who ate almost a whole can of food mixed with KMR while I was there for an hour and who knows how much for the rest of the day

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

That is amazing! The last video you can really see the age difference in the kittens. Just seeing her so content and happy with that big huge pile if kittens...... I hope she finds someone who will treasure her forever
i was thinking just that while watching the videos. she deserves to be a truly pampered puss for the rest of her life. what an absolute angel she is.