simba's not very well

charlton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
firstly hello all this is my first post on here, my reason to start looking on forums is one of our cats simba hasn't been herself lately, in the last month she's been very subdued, and has started to have watery eyes and in the outer corners it dries into more of a crust. It sounds horrible but its actually not very noticeable, we just want to get it sorted out before it maybe turns into something worse or starts causing her problems. If the advice is to take her straight to the vet then that is what we'll do but just thought we'd try on here first, she's about 2 years old if that helps

sorry for the long first post

cheers in advance

charlton

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like some kind of upper respiratory illness, a kitty cold. Since she hasn't been herself for a while before the eye discharge started I would take her to the vet. Colds in cats can make a cat sicker than humans get with a cold and it could also be something else.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

charlton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denice

It sounds like some kind of upper respiratory illness, a kitty cold. Since she hasn't been herself for a while before the eye discharge started I would take her to the vet. Colds in cats can make a cat sicker than humans get with a cold and it could also be something else.
thanks for the reply, i think we'll take her to the vets tommorrow

heather40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree that Simba needs the vet! Hope she is feeling better soon!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds to me as if it could be an upper respiratory infection as well, which can be easily treated by a vet. It's always safe to err on the side of caution if you have any unease about your pet's condition or behaviour. You know your cat well enough to know if they are not themselves and that, IMO, is the first notification that a vet visit is the way to go.