Torbie/Tabby Kitten Photos

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are some new pics of my feral/rescue litter... They are about 8 weeks old now.

First here are some photos of the patterns on two of the torbie kittens. I thought it was kinda neat the way the patches of orange/red stripes look on these kittens...

Two torbies:

I was also wondering if someone can tell me if this one is a ticked tabby or not:

More photos:

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one is a ticked tabby (in the middle), but the others are blue and brown mackeral tabbies. The girls are patched tabbies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey I have a question... Is this kitten (on the right) a brown tabby or a silver tabby? How can you tell the difference? She doesn't really seem to have any spots where her fur looks brownish or cream rather than gray (and black stripes.) Also could the torbie in this photo be a silver torbie?

I don't know if this helps, but their mother was an all black feral. I've also seen an orange tabby with white male feral cat hanging around, he might be the father because most of the feral cats around here are black...

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are both brown tabbies. Silvers have a definate black and silver-white coat

Browns range from a black-brownish to a warm honey brown. I like the warmer browns better.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very cute! I didn't think any of them were torbies either... Summer is a torbie! They're coloring is very nice though and they appear to have wonderful dispositions!!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

Very cute! I didn't think any of them were torbies either... Summer is a torbie! They're coloring is very nice though and they appear to have wonderful dispositions!!
They have orange splotches and spots with orange stripes...doesn't that make them torbies?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I'm getting my photos mixed up! Can you just post the kittens in question as to if they are brown or brown patched tabbies?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are the ones I thought were patched tabbies (torbie)--

Plus the first two I posted in the first message where I just posted pics of their orange stripes/spots.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO there's a difference between Patched Tabby and Torbie

Torbies are tortoiseshell cats that have tabby markings in the red/cream parts (torties are black/red or blue/cream to start)

Patched Tabbys are different - usually Brown Tabby, Blue Tabby, Silver Tabby (and a few others) that have Red Patches (tabby) mixed in.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whatever they are they're really cute

I bet that one little girl will look something like my Bella who's been called both a brown patched tabby and a torbie. I think of her more as patched tabby:
not the best pic, but it shows her orange patches

Side view:

Front: