China's strange laws on dogs *UPSETTING PICTURES*

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Am starting to think China should be banned from selling any kind of pet... Sheesh~

Currently, small dogs are safe. Wait till there's a rabies outbreak, they'll start getting victimized too. China is such a hopeless case.

Anyway, there's a link to help raise awareness, do see how you guys can help

http://www.naturewatch.eu/companion-animals

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm so angry. the words i want to say cannot be posted on this forum but i know you know exactly what i mean.

my rb lurcher would have been way over the height limit as is my precious collie.

even if there is no way forward other than mass culling/murder, then surely there is a more humane way. to be cold and calculated, it must take longer to beat a dog to death than euthanise it with an injection.

i'm sickened and distressed at seeing that. i will send my email and forward the link to as many people as i can.

i feel ashamed to be the same species as those sick, twisted individuals.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I roomed with a Chinese guy once, and I asked him if it was true that the Chinese eat dogs. He said, "That's the Cantonese; Cantonese will eat anything. I'm from Shanghai."

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't look at the photos but I believe you. I researched some on animal cruelty there and sometimes when I close my eyes the pictures still haunt me.
I will spread the word.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rosiemac, thanks a lot for helping to add that warning, I didn't even think of doing it

Thanks to all for your support, although a part of me believes that China will not be moved.

There has to be something fundamentally wrong with the way the whole country is run, I shudder to think of the day it becomes THE economic superpower of the world, or at least Asia. The mentality of the people there is just downright scary.

I'm guessing its cheaper to buy one club which can be used to bludgeon a hundred dogs than to spend money buying drugs to euthanize them. But then again, they may just enjoy the killing process.. who knows?

Do keep spreading the word and sending in pictures of your lovely dogs!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

a part of me believes that China will not be moved.
I don't think it will either
I was thinking about this thread along with others that weve had on China on the way home last night, and thought that they couldn't shock me anymore than what they have, but i was wrong, and i dread to think what else we'll see from them in the future

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I don't think it will either
I was thinking about this thread along with others that weve had on China on the way home last night, and thought that they couldn't shock me anymore than what they have, but i was wrong, and i dread to think what else we'll see from them in the future
same here. i can't get those pictures out of my head and can only imagine the terror and pain those poor creatures go through before death becomes a welcome release. i was talking to my dh about this and the fact it is sanctioned by the government. how on earth can you fight something that powerful. it makes me feel so helpless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know its difficult to imagine how we can help, I myself often catch myself feeling helpless and upset (like I was when I first posted this thread)... But I guess we have to think of these people who man such websites, or even charity organisations like Animals Asia Foundation. They work so tirelessly, without complaints, without giving up... I really salute them. If anything can move a country like China, it would be their spirit and tenacity... Even if it is an achingly slow change, as long as there are people like that around, and people like us who truly care for animals, there will still be a spark of hope!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh without a doubt, still give support to those people. I've added myself onto their mailing list because you never know, just one day we might be doing this in a thread on China
instead of