A little nutty??

pinkmonkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I went tonight to drop off some things for the local shelter (kitty litter, treats and dog treats). I didn't bring my camera tonight because I hadn't planned on being there that long (I take photos of the animals for them, I'm one of many that do this).

Let me rewind a couple of weeks ago. I'm a SAHM and sometimes go a little whacky being home ALLLLLL day long with my 4 kids and so my hubby, Ryan, thought it would be a good idea for me to go and volunteer at the shelter. So I did and that is how we ended up with Champagne.

I go there tonight and go to see Tommy. He's an orange tabby with long fur and no tail and is a polydactyl. ABSOULTELY adorable! Well he wasn't in his normal kennel and I was so sad until another volunteer pointed out to me that he'd just been moved. Well silly me, I took him out to play with him. OMG he is SOO relaxed, he just layed in my arms purring and was so affectionate. So I went to talk to the girl at the desk and told her to convince me that I did NOT need to adopt Tommy, she of course chuckled and told me that she wasn't going to tell me that.

Tommy goes for his vet check on Wednesday. Providing everything comes back good, I will probably bringing him home with me. He is 10 yrs old and his previous owner passed away. No one wants to adopt him because of his age and I just adore this cat.

So yeah, I think I'm a little nutty
!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkmonkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I can get them to sit still long enough to get a photo I'll be more than happy to post them!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds exciting! Can't wait till you bring this sweetie home

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to adopt a senior kitty. I don't have the energy for kittens any more. If, God forbid, I should ever become catless, I would definitely look for a sweet senior. Our best friend had a cat exactly as you describe, and his breed is called a Cymric, a long haired manx.

pinkmonkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I would love to adopt a senior kitty. I don't have the energy for kittens any more. If, God forbid, I should ever become catless, I would definitely look for a sweet senior. Our best friend had a cat exactly as you describe, and his breed is called a Cymric, a long haired manx.
I Googled this cat and sure enough that is what Tommy looks like. I'm just waiting now until tomorrow to see how his vet check goes. So I could have him home as early as tomorrow night!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I don't have the energy for kittens any more.

I found that out after Salem had her babies!

I guess I'm just getting too old & crippled up.
But I still wouldn't have it any other way!

I think it's wonderful that you're gonna adopt a "senior" cat!
So many peeps don't want to.
I've adopted several seniors too over the years, and they're always so loving and "grateful" to be released from "prison"!

Kudos to you!
And don't forget the pix!

pinkmonkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just got off the phone with Lindsay. The vet was going out of town so she was unable to see Tommy today and will see him on Friday morning. Lindsay laughed at me
she said "You just couldn't wait huh?". So I hope to know more by Friday afternoon and hopefully by Friday night he'll come home.

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwwww, I am so happy that you decided to welcome this cat into your heart and home. You are not nutty. You are a sweetheart!

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, this story is just melting my heart

If I ever pass away while owning cats, I hope someone as loving as you takes them in. Cant wait to see some pics!

BTW, Manx are such great cats, but I'm biased (Kitty is manx)

pinkmonkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just got home from the shelter. Tommy is doing ok. He did see the vet today, she did blood work on him and he did test negative to leukemia and FIV so YAY for that. But he has pale gums and tongue so now he has to go in for further testing to check for kidney/liver problems before Lindsay will let him go home. The dr. had to knock him out in order to draw his blood because he was/is so stressed. We're hoping that it's just the stress of him being in the shelter (he's been there a month), his age (he's around 10) and because he lost his owner. So if you could keep him/us in your thoughts, I'd really appreciate it. Lindsay did promise though that if anything bad were to happen (heaven forbid) she will call me. I'm so attached to that little guy. Oh and he only weighs just over 7 lbs. He was semi responsive when I was there cuddling him. He made a few mewing noises that darn near broke my heart and he did hiss at another cat that was there because Teddy Bear got too close to him.

I am planning on going back tomorrow during their hours (probably around noon) to spend time with him, just so that he knows he is loved. I love that lil fur ball!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh poor baby boy ....... I hope eveything is good with him. I will send him special vies right now ...... Thank you for keeping us updated. Hopefully he will be home with you soon

pinkmonkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In just over an hour I'll be off to visit my boy and shower him with cuddles. I hope he's doing much better today. Thank you for the well wishes and good vibes. I'll keep y'all updated.

pinkmonkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no Tommy
. I went to see him today and the poor guy had poop caked onto his bottom. So it was shaved and we bathed him, it's inflamed. He still hasn't seen the "big" vet yet, now they are hoping for Monday or Tuesday of next week. He did SUPER during bath time though, very little meowing, he actually seemed to enjoy it. I know he loves to be brushed! He's a lover though. They want to just make sure of whats going on with him before sending him home. I could have taken him today, but opted not to because I don't want Pumpkin or Champagne to get sick if in fact he's sick himself. We're just praying it's mostly stress of him being in the shelter.