Freaking out over school stuff

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am studying for my final exam. It's a three hour comprehensive exam encompassing my entire Masters of Education in psychology and leadership studies program. It's not really something that is easy to study for! Because it took me an extra year to complete my research project - which is full time studies - it has been over two years since I have been in a class. I have forgotten so much that I am panicking about writing this exam. There are 5 questions to choose from, and I pick the one that interests me most.

It's 11:22 and I write the exam at 1pm.......

So I have been reading my notes and trying to remember which name goes with which theory and from what general era. I'm not worried about the stuff I can pull from my own head, I have a lot of opinions regarding education and especially education for minorities. I just need to make sure my points are validated by the literature I have read.

Anyway, just needed to get it out there. If I pass this exam, I am officially complete and will convocate in the Fall of 08. Sheesh... seems unreal.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, how did it go? I didn't read your thread until tonight, so the test is over but I'll send belated your way!

Comprehensive exams are the worst! I've never took one that covered material for that long of a period, but I always found that when push came to shove you find out you remember more than you thought you did. Once the words start coming, details and names just pop into your head. MOST of the time anyway.
Hopefully the "test fairy" was good to you today. Let us know how it went.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hehe, thanks.

I wrote 13 pages by hand, and at the 2.5 hour mark I had a panic attack thinking that I had forgotten the original question. So I spent the last 1/2 hour hurriedly writing everything into some sort of logical conclusion. Now I just have to wait to see if they pass or fail me... (=

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

Hehe, thanks.

I wrote 13 pages by hand, and at the 2.5 hour mark I had a panic attack thinking that I had forgotten the original question. So I spent the last 1/2 hour hurriedly writing everything into some sort of logical conclusion. Now I just have to wait to see if they pass or fail me... (=
If you wrote 13 pages, you remembered a lot! Good idea to spend the last 1/2 hour organizing everything though. Let us know the outcome, but I'm getting a good vibe that you passed! Please let us know the outcome!

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't even think to ask. I plan to email the admin tomorrow during work hours.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Eeeeeeep good luck and I hope everything turns out well for you!!

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I realized that I never came back to say how I did! I passed the comprehensive!!!!!

This last Monday, Nov 10th I convocated at the University of Victoria with a few hundred other fall grads. It was a very cool ceremony and I only embarrassed myself a little bit by waving to my parents as I crossed the stage.

I received a Masters of Education in Leadership through the Educational Psychology and Leadership Studies program at U-Vic.

Yay.