OMG We're Getting a HOUSE!!!!!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could scream!!!! We've been looking at houses for the last year waiting for the right house to come up. We can't afford much, but a small starter home was something we could do!

We wanted a 1 story house, finished basement, 2 bathrooms, and a backyard for Thor. I'm still in school and we have been renting for 3 years. We've spent $15,500 renting in three years!!!! YIKES!

We looked at a couple starter homes, but they needed A LOT more work than we could do ourselves. Then this little ranch house came on the market and we went to see it the 3rd day it was on the market!!!! It's such a cute little house! The owners want to sell it quick because they are retired and don't want to deal with a rental house anymore. They priced it $15,000 UNDER what it's worth. We put in an offer for $5,000 less than what they were asking for and they are going to counter offer for $3,000 more, but they will pay for clossing costs, which will be $2,000
OMG I can't believe this is happening!!!!

864 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, and a semi finished basement!

I know it's not the prettiest, but it just needs some new paint! (we're thinking dark grey with black trim)

Back of the house

Back yard

The living room

The living room, I LOVE the big window!

Kitchen, desperately needs updated

Master bedroom 12ft of closet!

The second bedroom

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We chose September 26th as the closing date, so if everything goes to plan that's when we get the keys!!!

I just can't believe it! I hope everything works out!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations!!!!! That looks like a really nice little house to start with and the back yard is soooo big!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Woo!!! Congratulations!! How exciting! Its so cute! I love the wood (or imitation wood?) floors, nice! Great yard too!
It's actually hard wood floors!! We're hoping to find the nice hard wood under the kitchen floor!

I think it's a cute little thing! The kitties will be so happy. We can't afford to heat this 110 year old house in the winter so we kept the house between 50-55 degrees, and the summer the upstairs stayed about 90-100 degrees!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Congratulations!!!!! That looks like a really nice little house to start with and the back yard is soooo big!!
I never wanted to live in town because I won't be able to have my horse around, but I'm really happy that we will have our very own house!
I told my SO that we need to save up money in a few years to buy some land for Bonnet

I agree with you! It's a great house to start off with. You can't have everything when your young and just starting out with your life!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to say that our house payment will be $50-$100 more, with insurance and taxes, then what we've been paying for rent! (and what we paid for a small, 1 bedroom apartment).
Isn't that sad!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a nice house and I love the huge backyard! You could do so much to it since there isn't much back there! Congrats! I hope I get as lucky as you when I start to look.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

I forgot to say that our house payment will be $50-$100 more, with insurance and taxes, then what we've been paying for rent! (and what we paid for a small, 1 bedroom apartment).
Isn't that sad!
But so true, and it's true for many people! If I had a down payment of any kind, I would be shopping for a house right now. I could easily get a house payment for similar to what I rent for. It's crazy.

Anyway, congrats on your place! I would be excited too!!!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how exciting this is for you. Buying our own home was probably the 3rd most exciting thing that's ever happened to me (#1 was getting married, #2 adopting our daughter ). It's amazing having a place that is YOURS and you can do with it what you want.

May I throw in one teeny bit of advice (ok, just my opinion really). A dark grey w/ black color scheme will make the house look smaller; I'd go with something light.

Anyway, CONGRATS!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

That's a nice house and I love the huge backyard! You could do so much to it since there isn't much back there! Congrats! I hope I get as lucky as you when I start to look.
Originally Posted by Bella713

It's adorable, Congratulations
I'm glad everyone approves!!!
I love the yard too, can't wait to fence it in for Thor!

Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

But so true, and it's true for many people! If I had a down payment of any kind, I would be shopping for a house right now. I could easily get a house payment for similar to what I rent for. It's crazy.

Anyway, congrats on your place! I would be excited too!!!
Our bank wanted a 10% down payment!!!
I wasn't ready for that, but he said it's the quickest way to do it because it's such a low loan. He told us mortage companies don't like to give loans for under a $100,000, if they do a loan under that they tack on a bunch of fees and long waiting period. We are really lucky, my future MIL is giving us the down payment. She's wonderful with her money, but if you remember, not wonderful with other things
I owe her big....

Originally Posted by libby74

I know how exciting this is for you. Buying our own home was probably the 3rd most exciting thing that's ever happened to me (#1 was getting married, #2 adopting our daughter ). It's amazing having a place that is YOURS and you can do with it what you want.

May I throw in one teeny bit of advice (ok, just my opinion really). A dark grey w/ black color scheme will make the house look smaller; I'd go with something light.

Anyway, CONGRATS!
It is exciting!!! I already started packing up the house

I was wondering about that, but we want to do a dark color because the house isn't exactly sidding you would think of. It's slate, some day we will get vinal sidding on it, but for now we need somehting that won't stain. Slate SOAKS up stains, the rental we're in now is white slate. And the house we're buying is stained brown on the bottom, the picture hides it well.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

What a cute house! The yard is great! Lots and lots of vibes coming your way that it will be yours! When will you find out?!
Actually we just signed the papers!!!! The sellers can't back out or take anyone else's offer. We just need to get the money, which we are approved for, and get the inspections done. We get the keys on September 26th!!!

Originally Posted by xlpooper

I really like it, the yard is beautfiful and huge
The yard is nice! I didn't think it was "huge" though. My parents lived in town and their back yard was at least twice that size, same with my SO's parents house. But I suppose not all towns have great lot sizes like these little towns in Iowa
I'm glad it's a good size! Thor will love it! I don't let him run around in the yard we have here at the rental because we live on a corner lot and I'm afraid he'll run in the road. He only gets to walk around and if he gets excited I tell him no and he stops and looks around
poor Thor

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh and it was built in 1950!!! 50 years newer than the house we're renting that's slanted in every room!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww sweetie i'm soo happy for you!!!
This is great news!!!
Congrats on the new house!!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats I know how you feel. We just bought our House in June after looking since Sept. Escrow closed July 28th. I hope your inspection goes well.