His nipple came off!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rocko lost a nipple this weekend. No kidding. He was on his back and I noticed a black thing amongst his white belly. Well, I realized it was his nipple. I thought it was a strange color so I looked at the other ones and they are white. It came off after fiddling with it a little bit.

Should I be concerned? What would cause him to lose a nipple? It looks like one of the other ones may be starting to turn black also.

He didn't seem concerned at all.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd definitely call the vet - maybe it's some weird, but normal, thing, but I'd be calling to check - actually, I'm so hyper I'd probably be calling while driving to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will call them. thanks.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sure doesn't sound normal to me. I'd have already been to the vet if it were me.

I would be worried about cancer or something like that but I worry about worse-case scenarious - part of my nature.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is weird, but that actually happened to Cody about a year ago.... His grew back-and this time it wasn't black. We didn't go to the vet, he wasn't bleeding or in pain. It seemed almost scab like.

Let us know what the vet says!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They said it was okay.
Thank the lord. I worry about Rocko being my oldest kitty and the newest....who knows what he has lurking in his body waiting to manifest itself.

I asked him if it was maybe cancer. He said that either there would be discharge or a lump of some sort.

I guess this is not so unusual and it may grow back.....how weird is that

My poor cats! All three of them have had their nipples examed. Which is not easy seeing they have 4 to 6 of them and don't like being held against their will.

Rocko is in the midst of losing another, he has lost two so far and has one that is looking alright.

Fiona's are perfectly perky
that'a girl!

Ree Ree looks like he may be losing two. They were white and "healthy" looking...he is a short hair and they hang off his belly when he lays down so I have noticed them before...now they are darker and getting smaller.

Mystery solved.
I'm just glad he is alright! phew!!!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

My poor cats! All three of them have had their nipples examed. Which is not easy seeing they have 4 to 6 of them and don't like being held against their will.
Um, they usually have 8-10 nipples don't they?

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine don't.....especially Rocko.
Awww...that was rude....poor nippleless kitty!

dave_l

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Will this be a problem if he gets pregnant and has to nurse a litter?