Planning my meals, what should I have

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm working on my weekly meal menu for next week. I want to have something special on Sunday to mark the day of my bankruptcy discharge when I'm officially free and clear of all debt.

I've been doing the vegetarian thing for the past few months, not for any moral reasons, but largely because meat has become so expensive that I just can't afford to buy it. I also find that I am enjoying my largely meatless diet.

However I'm not strict vegetarian. I do eat dairy items and the occasional fish item at home. And when I go out I am not adverse to having meat in a restaurant or at someone's home.

I'm at a loss as to what to have on Sunday though. A few things sound good, and I haven't had any of them in a long while, so they all sound really good to me.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course I went for the vegetarian lasagna, garlic bread, and white wine -- my kinda meal! In fact, maybe I'll fix some myself that day and "join" your party!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH would vote Ribs but I voted for Smoked Salmon, Baked Potato, Garden Salad, White Wine. It's still healthy and a treat for you.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could only vote for one option, but the Lasagna and the BBQ Ribs both sound great!!!!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, congratulations!

Man, all those sounded REALLY good. Can I come join you??
That was a tough choice, but I ended up voting for the salmon for two big reasons. One, salmon is more a special treat. Chinese food and BBQ ribs are pretty common (for my diet, anyway). But the lasagna is a treat too, so the way I narrowed it down is the garden salad sounds better than the ceasar salad! Though the garlic bread and baked potato both sound scrumptious... Enjoy, you deserve it!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys aren't helping!

Keep the votes coming, and even toss in your own suggestions.

I was picking up some supplies for my CPAP machine this morning and read a Canadian Living magazine while I was waiting. There was a recipe for an Apple Pork Bake that sounded so good!

It had noodles, carrots, celery soup, apple juice, an apple, cinnamon, thyme, and pepper. There might have been something else in it. I can't remember for sure. I did write it down though. I would probably make it without the pork though and add in some broccoli and some red pepper for colour.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Of course I went for the vegetarian lasagna, garlic bread, and white wine -- my kinda meal! In fact, maybe I'll fix some myself that day and "join" your party!
That's what I chose too! Anything pasta is my favorite! That whole meal sounds like a celebration to me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by greenvillegal

Congratulations!!! I bet that is the best feeling in the world.
Well, bankruptcy wasn't my first choice to becoming debt free. Ideally I wanted to do it by paying my bills. But seeing that wasn't possible, whatever the means to the end was, it still is a wonderful feeling to know that in under 1 week I won't owe anyone a single dime!

I had to borrow $200 from my brother this month for about 10 days and I've been having an anxiety attack over it ever since. I can't wait to give him his money back on Friday!

So far as dinner goes, I'm leaning towards the Chinese food or the ribs. Of course I have to go run around and do a million errands on Friday, so I could have Chinese food for lunch and get that craving out of my system.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

So far as dinner goes, I'm leaning towards the Chinese food or the ribs. Of course I have to go run around and do a million errands on Friday, so I could have Chinese food for lunch and get that craving out of my system.
Yeah, I would go and do the lunch buffet to get the Chinese craving satisfied then really splurge for dinner!

I voted for the ribs, but if you lived closer I would send my husband to your house to grill you up one of his "Italian T-bones". I'm not a big fan of steak. I prefer chicken or fish usually. But, DH could eat steak every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I keep telling him he is going to start mooing soon. But, he is a farm boy so that is what he grew up with.

But, he has a reciepe for an Italian marinade, and after it's grilled it literally melts in your mouth.

But, the ribs sound good too! Whatever you chose, enjoy...you deserve it!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm working on my weekly meal menu for next week. I want to have something special on Sunday to mark the day of my bankruptcy discharge when I'm officially free and clear of all debt.

I've been doing the vegetarian thing for the past few months, not for any moral reasons, but largely because meat has become so expensive that I just can't afford to buy it. I also find that I am enjoying my largely meatless diet.

However I'm not strict vegetarian. I do eat dairy items and the occasional fish item at home. And when I go out I am not adverse to having meat in a restaurant or at someone's home.

I'm at a loss as to what to have on Sunday though. A few things sound good, and I haven't had any of them in a long while, so they all sound really good to me.
I voted for the vegetarian lasagna. I can make it and nobody, and I mean nobody, has any idea that it is not meat unless I tell them. People rave about it and talk about how great it is and nobody knows...

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a really good easy meal here it goes

You cook some rice and put it on the bottom in a bowl or on a plat. Then you ad some warmed canned chili I like Nallys the best. Then you add cheddar cheese on top of the chili then you put some Frito's on top of the cheese then you add lettuce tomato and sour cream and then you eat it. This is so yummy try it and tell me what you think