I can't believe I watched the Michael Vick thing last night.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know weather to post this hear or in the I.M.O., but I thought here because I figure no one on this site supports dog fighting. The show was a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me. Several times I cried because they showed some graphic dog fighting video. Several times I got mad & cursed at the T.V. because I have no respect for that man. Finally I balled when I saw that one of the previous fighting dogs has become a therapy dog. I am looking forward to the new Dog Town, when they feature some of these dogs. Anyone else torture themself by watching that show last night?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't watch it last night but I do want to watch it so I will have to look for a repeat
I have a feeling it will put me on a roller emotional coster too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will warn anyone that might want to watch it, be prepared for some very graphic dog fighting video. I don't think it needed to be that graphic and I have to say I feel a bit traumatized. That being said, for anyone who is still intrested it will be rerun Wednesday night. Krazy Kat, I totally understand you position about not wanting to watch. People know how involved I am with animals, so I always get asked questions about this stuff. am glad I watched because I knew little to nothing about dog fighting, now I feel more prepared to answer questions if anyone asks.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He should be put into a cell with HUGE men in jail and see how it feels to fight...what an arse

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I will warn anyone that might want to watch it, be prepared for some very graphic dog fighting video. I don't think it needed to be that graphic and I have to say I feel a bit traumatized. That being said, for anyone who is still intrested it will be rerun Wednesday night. Krazy Kat, I totally understand you position about not wanting to watch. People know how involved I am with animals, so I always get asked questions about this stuff. am glad I watched because I knew little to nothing about dog fighting, now I feel more prepared to answer questions if anyone asks.
I think there are probably a few reasons why it was so graphic... sensationalism for one... but my heart tells me it was quite likely to 'get the message across' to those who still may not get how violent this tragedy is. Sadly there are people out there who think it's still acceptable. If more people in our society get educated on how horrendous this 'game' is, then more people will *hopefully* take action and stand up for the dogs. If someone hears a neighbor talking about going to one or running one, they can call the authorities. If they hear one going on, potentially, they can also call the authorities.

Too many people, I think, don't grasp the extend of what happens to these dogs in the ring. If that show, as graphic as it is, helps to educate, I'm all for it. As much as I hate Vick for doing this and thinking he's above the law, his case brought this whole 'game' to light... so hopefully more 'regular' folk will get educated and stand up.

I'm just now consuming my morning coffee... I hope that all made sense and wasn't so inflammatory as to move this to IMO because of me... I could say much worse...

Now to get ready for work...

Amanda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If this discussion gets heated & moved to the IMO I have no problem with that. Maybe that is where it really belongs.

I have to say I knew it was brutal, but I did learn about it being called a 'game'. It did have a lot of information. I only hope that he can learn to be an example to young men who look up to him. I am just afraid that young men who think he's cool will only see this as more reason to be a part of dog fighting. I won't even begin to put here the things that I was thinking about him last night.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It was tough to watch but worth it overall - since I learned so much. Many truths of the world are quite painful.

I will say though - I was so please to FINALLY see something is unacceptable when it comes to celebs and sport stars! It seems they can run amok without decency and not suffer for it. Vick suffered for it- lost his place on the team and his endorsements, declared bankruptcy due to all the fines places on him and is in jail. I'm overjoyed someone's behavior finally is not being tolerated.

The truly sad part - he doesnt believe he did anything wrong.

I learned a bit about pitbulls too - positive stuff.

I'm so shocked that some people actually enjoying something so horrific.