Maybe Someone Can Help With This....

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There used to be member here at TCS, who had computer problems but managed to get them fixed (sort of). But ever since she got her computer back up & running, she can't log on to TCS anymore - and she really misses the place.

I suppose y'all would probably need a lot more details regarding her computer in order to figure out what the problem could be, but does anyone have any idea what could cause her to not being able to log in anymore?
She told me that she thinks it has something to do with "javascript" - whatever that is..

She'd really love to come back to TCS, and so would I.
She always gave good advice, and was very caring & supportive. I'd say she was an asset to us all..

Any suggestions?

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she have any add-ons for her browser that might be causing some things to not open or work properly? For instance, I use a program called NoScript. It blocks out a lot of scripts that you have to approve yourself instead of the browser automatically loading everything. So for videos on YouTube and stuff like that I have have to first click "allow scripts" in order for the videos to load.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

There used to be member here at TCS, who had computer problems but managed to get them fixed (sort of). But ever since she got her computer back up & running, she can't log on to TCS anymore - and she really misses the place.

I suppose y'all would probably need a lot more details regarding her computer in order to figure out what the problem could be, but does anyone have any idea what could cause her to not being able to log in anymore?
She told me that she thinks it has something to do with "javascript" - whatever that is..

She'd really love to come back to TCS, and so would I.
She always gave good advice, and was very caring & supportive. I'd say she was an asset to us all..

Any suggestions?

Maybe if she would update her Java that would work.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she's using XP, click on Start, the Control Panel. There should be an icon there for Java. If so, click on it, and then do an update.

If there isn't, she needs to be sure Java is installed.

Java

However, the problem may be that in losing stuff, she lost all her sign-in information. If the page just won't load, she may have problems with a popup blocker, or, as was said earlier, she may need Java re-installed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
peeps for your suggestions.
I passed them on to her, and hopefully she'll be able to figure something out!

I'll let y'all know what happens.