I'm so tired!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's only 5:40pm and I'm falling asleep in my chair. I feel like going to take a nap but I don't have the will power to just nap for 30 minutes. My naps turn into 2 to 4 hour power sleeps. If I go to bed now I'll be awake for the night at 11pm, so I need to stay awake until at least 3 more hours!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Must be from all that fresh air and sun you got today walking to Safeway.
No seriously though, sometimes outdoor activities make me sleepy too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Must be from all that fresh air and sun you got today walking to Safeway.
No seriously though, sometimes outdoor activities make me sleepy too.
Possibly. But I also didn't sleep very well last night either. Only managed to get about 4 1/2 hours sleep.

I'm so tired I can't keep my eyes open any longer, so I'm going to go and take a sleeping pill to ensure I don't wake up at 11pm, and head to bed now.

Night

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I totally know how you feel my bf's sister got married yesterday and i'm still tired from the reception

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get like that too sometimes in the afternoon.
My eyes will get so heavy that I can't keep them open, and I'll end up nodding off in the recliner.
I used to tease my mom about it when she did it. Now I know what it's like..

Old age, I reckon!
But I reckon it's to be expected - considering I'm a grandma now. I guess I ought to start acting like one..

I hope you get some sleep tonight, Linda!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally managed to get to sleep somewhere around 4:30am!!! I couldn't believe I went from being so tired to being so wide awake!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

It's only 5:40pm and I'm falling asleep in my chair. I feel like going to take a nap but I don't have the will power to just nap for 30 minutes. My naps turn into 2 to 4 hour power sleeps. If I go to bed now I'll be awake for the night at 11pm, so I need to stay awake until at least 3 more hours!
I find that drinking double strength coffee solves that problem. By double strength I mean follow the directions on the can (most people use far less) and double that. If that doesn't perk you up, I don't know what to tell you. But the caffeine in the coffee will stay in your sytem for about four hours so plan accordingly.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I find that drinking double strength coffee solves that problem. By double strength I mean follow the directions on the can (most people use far less) and double that. If that doesn't perk you up, I don't know what to tell you. But the caffeine in the coffee will stay in your sytem for about four hours so plan accordingly.
Unfortunately I can't drink anything but decafe coffee. Regular coffee gives me heart palpitations. Double strength would probably send me to the ER!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I finally managed to get to sleep somewhere around 4:30am!!! I couldn't believe I went from being so tired to being so wide awake!
It happens to me, too.
I can barely keep my eyes open during the afternoon, and then when I should be going to bed, I'm wide awake!

Unfortunately I can't drink anything but decafe coffee. Regular coffee gives me heart palpitations. Double strength would probably send me to the ER!
I wonder if that's what's causing me to have heart palpitations, too?
I only have about half a cup a day, but I also drink Pepsi, too..