Where is the softest fur?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where is the softest, silkiest fur on your cat? I vote for the fur right behind and below the ears.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Where is the softest, silkiest fur on your cat? I vote for the fur right behind and below the ears.
on all 5, that's where it is!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With Abby it's the front of her neck, chest and tummy.

Chynna has very soft silky fur, but the softest is the base of her ears on the top of her head, but only by a small margin. I've never encountered a cat with such soft baby fine fur as she has.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Bengal has a beautiful soft coat. I have never had a cat with such a soft coat like she does.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holly is softest on her chest right now, but getting softer as she grows.
Kitty is so soft all over, thats because of her double coat.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If fosters are included, Chance has the softest fur on his chest!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With Bella it's the front of her neck, chest and tummy, but she had better be very sleepy or happy for you to try touching it

Stanley has the softest, bunny-soft fur I have ever felt. I think he is incredibly soft everywhere...

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Definatley is on Kitty. Not sure about Maisie. I`ll have to check. She is super soft all over

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My longhaired cat has the greatest fur below his chin. I brush that area very well every morning and cannot resist sticking my face right into his beautiful groomed neck. My short haired cat is, well, just that, a short haired cat. Yes, I do have a favorite cat.

Mike, when you come to the KatKlik you will never see Alley. At some point you may catch a glimpse of her heading from the third floor to the first floor to use her facility. In all fairness, she also has silky soft fur on her chest area which I do see at night when she lays on my chest!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh. I like this thread.
It makes me want to pick up Larry and bury my face in his fur.

He's part Maine Coon, I think.....but I also think he's got some ragdoll in him.

The fur on the side of his neck and on the front of his neck is so soft - not real long, but very thick, and sooooo soft. When I pick him up, he's purring and I just bury my face in it. He purrs and moves his head around.....he loves it!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely around the ears and chin/neck area. Mika is softer all over - in fact one of our neighbours commented on it one day when he was petting her. He said he couldn't believe how soft she was. Of course, I can't walk past either of them without snuggling into their necks.