*****KatKwery! - August 24*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of the five leaders scored. Catkiki used the word month and yam102284 used the word default first. Idea, same, and best were not used.

Today's KatKwiz was about the Advanced Search function.

Did you know how to go about finding the answer for today's KatKwiz? Did you think the question was too hard? Do you think you are able to use the Advanced Search to find ANY information located in the TCS forums? Are you aware that only the forums are searched and that there is much more to TCS than just the forums? How often do you use the Advanced Search function to located information?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

None of the five leaders scored. Catkiki used the word month and yam102284 used the word default first. Idea, same, and best were not used.

Did you know how to go about finding the answer for today's KatKwiz? Did you think the question was too hard? Do you think you are able to use the Advanced Search to find ANY information located in the TCS forums? Are you aware that only the forums are searched and that there is much more to TCS than just the forums? How often do you use the Advanced Search function to located information?
I did know how to find todays info. I don't think the question was hard at all. You've asked a lot harder questions in the past. I don't think using advanced search would find ANY info on TCS because like you said, it only searches the forums. I usually only use advanced searched to find an answer to Katkwiz. Sometimes finding stuff here can be difficult because there are so many places to look.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yup, of course I knew how to find the answer to today's KatKwiz, I won!
I don't think the question was too hard. I think I remember you posting a similar question to this one, and I remembered how to find the answer. I think I would be able to find almost any kind of information on TCS using the advanced search feature. I've played around with it a lot, and not just for KatKwiz's. I've needed to find certain information and i've just played around using different search terms in the advanced search. I usually use the advanced search feature when I'm looking something specific, usually in The Cat Lounge. If I want to see if someone has posted about a certain movie or topic, I'll use it. I was aware that only the forums are searched and there is way much more to TCS than the forums. I have looked around different areas of the site, not just the forums.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

as usual, [yesterday was a fluke!
] the KatKwiz had already been answered by the time i saw it
but i would've been able to find the answer - i used the Advanced Search option all the time - i prefer the more specific results i get from it, as opposed to the more generic ones i get from the simple search. i often use it to locate the current KatKwery in a hurry! if i'm doing that, i limit my results to the Cat Lounge, & search by username. & while i'm aware that only the Forums are searched, & there's more info elsewhere on TCS, it's usually a thread i'm looking for, so i usually find what i'm searching for.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was locked off of thecatsite, something about the server, I had my friend at her house try to get on and she couldn't either! I about had withdrawls, almost 2 days without being able to be on the cat site! There was nothing for me to do online! Meanwhile you're all chit chatting and Im stuck hitting the refresh button!!

Didn't look at the katkwiz, this is the first time its allowed me online! I dont know if the question was too complicated or not but I am pretty sure you can find almost anything with advanced search, not everything but pretty close! You can't find stuff at the premier lounge unless you are a premium member, I know that much! I used the advanced search option frequently, mainly when you ask a question that requires me to actually use my brain and think about how to do it and then go search through there!

I can't believe I was stuck off of the cat site... What a bummer

Im claiming conspiracy! Did any of the other 4 leaders even get to post? Or were they all stuck with the white server page too?? Its doing it again.. it gave me the white page just now.... oh no.. not again... I can't handle it!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

I was locked off of thecatsite, something about the server, I had my friend at her house try to get on and she couldn't either! I about had withdrawls, almost 2 days without being able to be on the cat site! There was nothing for me to do online! Meanwhile you're all chit chatting and Im stuck hitting the refresh button!!

I'm claiming conspiracy! Did any of the other 4 leaders even get to post? Or were they all stuck with the white server page too?? Its doing it again.. it gave me the white page just now.... oh no.. not again... I can't handle it!
i got on early in the day yesterday - actually won the KatKwiz for the 1st time!
then i went to my sister's for the afternoon/evening for a family get-together. got home around 930pm - couldn't get on here. even messaged Renovia & Colleen on Facebook, & you on Dragonspam to see if it was affecting y'all, too!
there's an announcement about it here.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Today's Kwiz was already answered before I could even log on. I think today's kwiz was easy. If I want to find something, I always use the Advanced Search since I find it easier. I did notice that only the forums were searched and I would like to have a search on the other areas of TCS.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm baaaack. Had a busy week planning Joshua's "End of Treatment" party, then yesterday's party was a huge success, a lot of fun (and a bit of a relief). Today was spent saying goodbye to family that came from out-of-town just for the party. It really was a wonderful celebration!

Anyway. If I was on early enough today, I would have known how to find the answer immediately, I remember your move well, complete with the hotel/motel stay, the nervous bite, the incarceration, and your scary pneumonia jaunt. Not to mention that I used the advanced search function all the time and could probably preform a search in my sleep.
AND I think I might be at might win limit for the month and cant play again until September.

I had to go and look up today's KatKwiz question and I do not think the question was too difficult. Even if members didnt know who Persi or Alley were it wouldnt have been hard to figure out. Although, if they werent aware of the bite or jail time, I suppose it would've been a tad more difficult. I looked it up on my own just now, all I did was go to the advance search, type in "Persi & Alley" as the USER NAME, and "Persi home" in the the KEYWORDS box, had the posts listed by threads because I was sure whatever post it was included in Lee would have been the one starting the thread. When I scrolled through the results, the "Report on the cats Persi & Alley" was the eleventh thread.

I didnt always know that the Advanced Search button could only be used for the forums, but it didnt take long to figure it out. Especially once you use the advanced feature and see all the forums option. So I am aware that you cant use the search funtion to find things in the behavior pages or the Cat Shop, or even Cat Breeds, Cat Care, Cat Health or Cat Snips. Because of such, I have spent many hours reading through those pages due to the Kwiz or KatKwery. I have to say though, sometimes I have googled things regarding my cats and was surprised when TCS was returned in the hits. Except, maybe I shouldnt be that surprised, because that it what originally brought me to this site, a simple websearch of a question regarding my cat.

I have found a wealth of information on TheCatSite outside of the forums, the articles written on this site carry a plethora of information and I really think of more people read those items there wouldnt be so many questions asked to the boards. I dont know how many times I have pointed a newbie to a particular section of the site to keep myself from repeating something already typed up. Not that I have a problem typing

How often I use the advanced search feature always varies, sometimes it is daily, I definitely use it at least monthly/once a month. I've officially been a part of this site for over 3 years, but havent been active the whole time, but probably use it on average weekly.

Well it's getting late here, and the kids' first day back to school is tomorrow - hard to believe summer is over already - so I better go up and head to bed.

"See" ya all tomorrow!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

I can't believe I was stuck off of the cat site... What a bummer

Im claiming conspiracy! Did any of the other 4 leaders even get to post? Or were they all stuck with the white server page too?? Its doing it again.. it gave me the white page just now.... oh no.. not again... I can't handle it!
I was locked out of the site for a couple days a while back, in the beginning of this month actually. I also said something about it being a conspiracy. In fact, that was the title of my thread.
Sorry you were locked out, but glad to know I'm not the only one and that they are getting to the bottom of it.
Welcome back.
Dont worry though, I was away from the site on my own free will because I was preoccupied with my son's stuff, so I didnt creap up on you anyway. But now I'm kicking myself in the butt -