Tail-chasing

purrrplej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Murray is so funny - sometimes he likes to chase his tail, like dogs do. Anyone else have a kitty who does this?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother had a cat she got while she was still in high school who chased her tail in the same place, every time she got done eating. Next to the buffet, in the dining room. Twenty turns in each direction. She was still doing it when she was 16 years old.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Linus is the worse when it comes to chasing his own tail..It's funny because he will lay on the back of the couch and flick the tip of it for several minutes then all of a sudden he'll make a lunge for it and end up falling off the couch...It's hilarious to watch...

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Sonic was a kitten he could entertain himself for ages chasing and hunting his own tail. Round and round in circles.

Poor wee mite, every time he pounced, it 'got away'.

On the rare ocassions when he did manage to grab it in his teeth he would start growling and looking round to see who had got his tail.

It was absolutely hilarious, but he's mostly grown out of it. Now they just hunt each other's tails

frootloop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Felix loves to play with his own tail... he was doing it last night and it was so cute and funny

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

On the rare ocassions when he did manage to grab it in his teeth he would start growling and looking round to see who had got his tail.

The kittens do it all the time: so did my other furbies when the were "kids".

rach80

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Willow (aKa Frazzle Dazzle--as dubbed by my son)....chases her tail incessantly. To the point of actually dizzying herself and falling over....and then she just gets up and does it again.

None of my others do this though, Just Miss Willow...who at this time is helping me with this particular post.

tiffyrn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Angus is regularly entertained by his tail. I wonder if it is the different coloring as his tail and face/ears are the only dark parts on him?

catstorm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Tiger has been doing this sience he was a little guy, he gets mad at it when he cant get it and growls/hisses at it. Ive always wondered if they can control the movement of their tails or does it have a mind of it own...