Can anyone help me identify this breed?

katalina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!

I thought this would be a good thread to jump in and ask a question. I am a new mommy to a couple of adorable kittens. I uploaded their pictures for you to see on my profile. The woman I got them from didn't tell me much about them at all, and I have been trying to figure out what breed they may be. Can someone take a look for me? The closest I cam to was a ragdoll, but I'm not quite sure.

Thanks in advance!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katalina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ooops! I forgot to mention that they are brother and sister.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
boy, they look really young! cute - i'd say domestic longhair or domestic medium hair... if they didn't come w/papers, they're just moggies - but cute ones!
make sure to get them spayed/neutered as soon as they're old enough - or you'll end up w/inbred kittens.
welcome to TCS!

katalina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks Laureen. We got them at 4 weeks (we didn't know at the time that they were too young to leave mommy). The lady who we got them from said they were ready. They are 2 months and 1 week now

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are not Ragdolls, but they are cute. At 4 weeks old they are still nursing! That lady should be "shot" - rehoming kittens at 4 weeks old

They are mixed breed longhairs, tho the little blue one might wind up being more shorthair or semi-long - I don't see him as fluffy as the other one. Kinda hard to tell with your little pictures

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm amazed they were eating at four weeks. It looks like you've taken very good care of them. They are cuties!

katalina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

They are not Ragdolls, but they are cute. At 4 weeks old they are still nursing! That lady should be "shot" - rehoming kittens at 4 weeks old

They are mixed breed longhairs, tho the little blue one might wind up being more shorthair or semi-long - I don't see him as fluffy as the other one. Kinda hard to tell with your little pictures
Thanks for the reply GoldenKitty. I didn't realize this at the time, but she most likely wanted to get rid of them quickly so that she wouldn't have to be responsible for their vaccinations. They are over 2 months old now and I am proud to say that they are doing great
A lot of prayer was involved that's for sure. By reading boards like these, I learned quite a bit after the fact

Thank you for the info on their breed. I've been so curious.

katalina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I'm amazed they were eating at four weeks. It looks like you've taken very good care of them. They are cuties!
Thanks!
I just love them to bits

Well, here's the other thing...The lady that gave them to us didn't tell us anything! What to feed them, or if they just came off mommy's milk...etc When we brought them home, we gave them KMR at first. They didn't like it at all...After the 1st day of having them, I took them straight to the vet because they weren't taking the milk. That's when they suggested some baby food for a couple of days, and we basically had to teach them how to eat ourselves. We had no idea what we were getting into. lol We spoon fed them that, and watered the kitten food down quite a bit to make it really mushy and that's how they learned. Now they are hungry lil' guys all the time...gaining weight at a good pace, and we're all happy here

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are cute kittens but are not Ragdolls,
Sasha dosnt have blue eyes they are still changing
I am glad you got them but four weeks is way to young to give kittens away.

katalina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

They are cute kittens but are not Ragdolls,
Sasha dosnt have blue eyes they are still changing
I am glad you got them but four weeks is way to young to give kittens away.
Both their eyes are green now. They both had blue eyes when I got them

I agree that 4 weeks was too early. I just didn't know that at the time. Let me tell ya, those were probably my most heart-pounding weeks when I got them. I slept in the living room close by them every minute for the first few weeks. I knew that anything could happen at such an early age. I am so happy that they are doing well

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Those kitties were very lucky to go to someone that took such good care of them. Many people wouldn't be willing to take care of them that young, or know what to do, so it is great that they went to you and that they are heathy!!! Also, they are adorable whatever breed they are!

Manda

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad you got them. My Butterscotch was only 4 weeks when I got her also. I lost her at age 4. My Coco was at a pet store and she was about 6 weeks old which was to young also. She is now 16.5 and the place is out of business. I would love to see more pics of them.

katalina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by proudmomof3cats

Those kitties were very lucky to go to someone that took such good care of them. Many people wouldn't be willing to take care of them that young, or know what to do, so it is great that they went to you and that they are heathy!!! Also, they are adorable whatever breed they are!

Manda
Thanks Manda!
I appreciate the comment
I've always been an animal lover, especially cats. I had 2 of my own before and they were with me for 16 yrs. They were never THAT young though, so I never dealt with kittens before. Unfortunately the both passed away earlier this year and will be greatly missed. They gave me such joy that when this opportunity came, I couldn't resist

katalina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I am glad you got them. My Butterscotch was only 4 weeks when I got her also. I lost her at age 4. My Coco was at a pet store and she was about 6 weeks old which was to young also. She is now 16.5 and the place is out of business. I would love to see more pics of them.
I'm so sorry to hear about Butterscotch
I know how it feels. I lost my 2 darling cats after 16 yrs this past March. It just broke my heart. I had originally vowed not to get cats again "in respect", but then something changed. I realized that they blessed my life in many ways, and I theirs. I can do the same for 2 other kittens who need a home, and that's what I did. There's lots more love in this heart to make that happen

I would love to post more pics of them. I'm afraid I don't know how to though! lol If anyone can give me a quick crash course, I'd be happy to post more

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katalina

I would love to post more pics of them. I'm afraid I don't know how to though! lol If anyone can give me a quick crash course, I'd be happy to post more
if you don't already have an image hoster, i recommend photobucket - it's really easy to use & free. after joining, upload any pix you have to photobucket. then click on the code under the pic that starts w/the
this is the image the code above results in, w/o the space.

katalina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

if you don't already have an image hoster, i recommend photobucket - it's really easy to use & free. after joining, upload any pix you have to photobucket. then click on the code under the pic that starts w/the
this is the image the code above results in, w/o the space.

Thank you so much Laureen! I really appreciate the help. I'll use this response as a test to see if it worked

YAY! It worked!!
Thank you so much!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can see the little black girl will be longhair. Be sure to establish a grooming/combing session now so she will cooperate when full grown.

The blue brother; I don't see longhair in him - he MAY wind up as a semi-long hair, but he really looks more like a dense coated shorthair kitten to me.

katalina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I can see the little black girl will be longhair. Be sure to establish a grooming/combing session now so she will cooperate when full grown.

The blue brother; I don't see longhair in him - he MAY wind up as a semi-long hair, but he really looks more like a dense coated shorthair kitten to me.
Their coats are definitely opposite from one another. I have started getting them used to grooming. It wasn't easy at first, but they both calmed down after I got the hang of it

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katalina

Their coats are definitely opposite from one another. I have started getting them used to grooming. It wasn't easy at first, but they both calmed down after I got the hang of it
Start massaging their paws and just running your hands over them so that they are comfortable with that too. It will make trimming their claws much easier when they are older.

They are super cute