Oh my

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH was having abdominal cramps and back pain today so he went to the ER. They did a bunch of Xrays and a Cat Scan and discovered he is passing a big kidney stone!!! He got a prescription for hydrocodone and something to make him pee a lot. I hope he gets it out soon.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he feels better soon! That happened with my boyfriend about a year ago. Except he was in so much pain he was on the floor and I had to drive him to the ER cause there was no way he was driving. Luckily he passed his later on that day.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yikes!! I've heard they're more painful than childbirth
I hope he passes it quickly!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've passed a couple of small ones. Passing a kidney stone is like being seasick.

First, you're so sick you're afraid you're going to die.

Then, you're so sick you don't care if you die.

At last, you're so sick you're afraid you might not die.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, many for your husband! Years ago, DH's roommate had one, and being guys they figured if they got drunk enough his roommate would be numb and wouldn't feel it pass.
Well, they drank enough that my husband passed out (back then, that took A LOT of beer!) but the screams from the bathroom still woke him up. One good thing, once it's gone it's over and done with. Kind of like having a baby (so I hear.) When his wife was in labor, he was very sympathic because she kept telling him to imagine passing a 7 lb kidney stone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I told DH last night. "Well, know you know what it feels like to have a baby."
The stone still hasn't came out yet but I guess he's supposed to save it to have it analzed.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Yeah, I told DH last night. "Well, know you know what it feels like to have a baby."
The stone still hasn't came out yet but I guess he's supposed to save it to have it analzed.
My boyfriend was supposed to save his to have analyzed too. After he passed it he called where the doctor from the ER said to call. They told him that they usually don't analyze them unless they are reoccurring, but to bring it in if he wanted to have it analyzed. We ended up not having it analyzed. It was the first time he had one, so if he has them again, he will have it analyzed.