My DVR erased everything!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok, I know this is so trivial, but wahhh!!!!!!

Im so bummed! My DVR had a little issue and it had to delete all the recorded programs and all the timers, and the classic movie channel has been having entire days devoted to fantastic actors so I had soo many movies on there! And I only watched one or two and now theyre all gone! And its not like they'll be on again any time soon. Plus all the tv shows I had left on there because the shows had been cancelled.

So how would you feel if your DVR went blank?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would probably bum me out, too - depending upon what movies I lost..

Are you referring to the AMC channel? If so, I've noticed they have a lot of repeats: you just have to pay attention to the TV Guide channel, and watch for when the movies come on again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes, but they have a special thing every August called Summer Under The Stars, they devote 24 hours to one actor/actress and its usually movies that arent show often. Go figure

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG that would bum me out too. I've got so much taped on there, i'm actually trying to catch up on everything this weekend. Once the fall season starts up, I'm going to have more than normal since I tape almost everything.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had two DVR's that had to be replaced because the hard drives died. Both times I lost stuff I had not watched. It was really ananoying. We pay a little extra each month for insurance to protect all our direct tv equipment so I did not have to pay for the replacements. Keep an eye on that DVR that deleted your stuff one of mine did that right before it died.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have been pretty bummed too! Sorry about all of that!!!
I know i'd freak out if i lost all of my recorded stuff lol!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wow, that totally sucks!!! I would be seriously bummed too
I have at least 3 months worth of Law & Order SVU episodes taped on there and while they show them all time I almost have all of season 5!!!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I guess I'd better get to all the Lost episodes I have yet to watch!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover73

I have had two DVR's that had to be replaced because the hard drives died. Both times I lost stuff I had not watched. It was really ananoying. We pay a little extra each month for insurance to protect all our direct tv equipment so I did not have to pay for the replacements. Keep an eye on that DVR that deleted your stuff one of mine did that right before it died.
Bleh, it did it again, so I called customer service and they want me to unplug it for three hours and then plug it in again to see if it works, if not I get a replacement. I think I burnt my frozen pizza, I was on the phone for 30 minutes! Sigh. The customer support guy was nice though, he lives in Virginia, where its been pretty hot for a while, works from 2:30-1:30am, plays drums for his church on Sunday mornings and has to be there at 8am so he only gets about 4 hours of sleep during the entire weekend. Heck, I feel like I should send him a christmas card, lol

Oh, and we also discussed TV shows, including Monk, Psych, and Burn Notice. He told me about his favorite Monk episode, something about a baseball. And then he mentioned that I have an Alaska/Washington accent. Which is where Im from, I had no idea I had an accent, cool!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And then he mentioned that I have an Alaska/Washington accent. Which is where Im from, I had no idea I had an accent, cool!
I used to get those kind of remarks all the time too, when I worked at a catalog company in Wisconsin. People would call from out-of-state, and tell me I had an accent. Some of them even told me I sounded like "Marge" in that Fargo movie..

I hope you get everything straightened out!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not Grey's Anatomy season yet so I wouldn't be too bummed. And I could watch it online if it WAS on there! Travis and I watch things and delete them. I don't think we really have too much stuff because I watch my stuff before I go to work when I work later in the day.

I am so sorry though! That would totally suck!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Ok, I know this is so trivial, but wahhh!!!!!!

Im so bummed! My DVR had a little issue and it had to delete all the recorded programs and all the timers, and the classic movie channel has been having entire days devoted to fantastic actors so I had soo many movies on there! And I only watched one or two and now theyre all gone! And its not like they'll be on again any time soon. Plus all the tv shows I had left on there because the shows had been cancelled.

So how would you feel if your DVR went blank?
I'd be crying too! Right now I have a hard drive sitting in front of me that used to be in my desk top computer. It has about 16,000 pictures on it and I am hoping that I will be able to retrieve them. I will REALLY be crying tears if I cannot retrieve them.

As far as TCM goes, that is all we watch around here. The good news is that you can go to their site and see when the movies that you missed are going to be aired again. I keep a monthly schedule by the TV which you can easily print from their site.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try this site: www.hulu.com Most of the Monk and Psych episodes from this season are on there. As well as a whole lot of other stuff. We got rid of our cable (I had DvR too) because it was way too expensive especially when all the shows are online.