Do You Remember "Luke & Laura" On General Hospital?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to watch that soap years ago when they were the "item" on the show, and really got addicted to the storyline.
I saw a commercial that says that she's returning to the show. I just have to watch it - out of curiousity more than anything else..

Are there any other "Luke & Laura" fans out there? You can admit it if I can!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I USED to be a huge Luke and Laura fan, but that was before the GH story lines got so rediculous to me. Actually ALL of the Soap Opera story lines have gotten pretty silly IMO. Anyhoo, I'm not sure if Laura coming back on GENERAL HOSPITAL will be enough to make me watch.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure do, although I was never a big GH fan..

How about Adam & Nicole Drake from The Edge of Night..

Or the disastrous Alice, Steve, Rachel and Russ fiasco from Another World...

God is my age ever showing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

How about Adam & Nicole Drake from The Edge of Night..

Or the disastrous Alice, Steve, Rachel and Russ fiasco from Another World...
I don't recall those, but how about Eden & Cruz on Santa Barbara?

God is my age ever showing
That makes two of us!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I used to watch that soap years ago when they were the "item" on the show, and really got addicted to the storyline.
I saw a commercial that says that she's returning to the show. I just have to watch it - out of curiousity more than anything else..

Are there any other "Luke & Laura" fans out there? You can admit it if I can!
I can't say I'm a fan, but years ago when I was laid up with a broken ankle I watched that show for a few months.

So far as her returning, if she's like every other actress out there and plastic surgery, she'll probably look "younger" with more stretched skin than she did 20 years ago.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

So far as her returning, if she's like every other actress out there and plastic surgery, she'll probably look "younger" with more stretched skin than she did 20 years ago.
Probably!

They always get carried away with all that plastic surgery, and end up looking worse than before..

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the second time she's been back recently, she actually came back several months ago and was lucid enough to marry Luke again, then she went back into her catatonic state. Now she will be back to help her daughter Lu Lu

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I used to LIVE for Luke and Laura when I was in junior high and high school. Actually, I had a big crush on Robert Scorpio (LOVE the accent). I really got into GH during the Ice Princess story line.

I also had a huge crush on Raven's husband from "Edge of Night"...what was his name...Skyler? I was devistated when they cancelled that one.

Good lord, I'm really showing my age! At least I don't remember "Dark Shadows", although that would be an interesting show to watch.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

This is the second time she's been back recently, she actually came back several months ago and was lucid enough to marry Luke again, then she went back into her catatonic state. Now she will be back to help her daughter Lu Lu
I remember hearing something about her having a nervous breakdown, but by the time I knew about it, it was too late to tune in to watch it. What caused her to lapse into catatonia?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

OMG, I used to LIVE for Luke and Laura when I was in junior high and high school. I really got into GH during the Ice Princess story line.
I was in my early twenties during that storyline: I remember it quite well.
When my son started school and I went back to work, I had to recored the show, so I wouldn't miss any of it..

Robert Scorpio was a hunk, wasn't he?!

Good lord, I'm really showing my age! At least I don't remember "Dark Shadows", although that would be an interesting show to watch.
I DO remember Dark Shadows.
My Mom used to watch it when I was a kid!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I remember hearing something about her having a nervous breakdown, but by the time I knew about it, it was too late to tune in to watch it. What caused her to lapse into catatonia?
I was going to try to explain but I found this on Wikipedia

In 2002, a mentally disturbed Laura killed her stepfather Rick Webber, during a psychotic episode shortly before she and Luke were to remarry. She was sent to a mental hospital near Port Charles. While Luke was Laura's original guardian ad litem, Nikolas successfully petitioned the court to have himself appointed in Luke's stead. Luke mourned over the loss of Laura's mental stability for several years, while dealing with their reckless daughter, Lulu. Laura "appeared" in episodes after her breakdown as a motionless figure, seen from the back, staring off in a catatonic state, though in one scene shortly after Luke left the room, Laura's hand was shown to move.

I will be watching when she comes back, I always loved Laura
Not to mention Sonny is the best looking thing since Elvis

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting that explanation, Bella!
Inquiring minds want to know!

I don't know WHY I didn't think of using Wikipedia myself - considering the fact that I use it all the time..

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can anyone enlighten me?

I tried watching GH yesterday & today, but got interrupted yesterday by my landlady & a/c man's arrival, and today by my SSD attourney. So I missed most of what happened..

I basically figured out the gist of what's going on, but why is LuLu in the mental hospital, too?

You know, it's funny: most of the peeps that were on the show years ago when I watched it, still look the same. And it totally amazes me just how quickly the "children" from way back then have grown up so quickly!
I think it was about ten years or so ago when I stopped watching the show, and Luke & Laura were getting a divorce, and LuLu was just a baby. How the heck did she grow up so fast, after only a ten-year time-span?!
I'm sure glad that WE don't age that quickly!!

Just an observation.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She just like Laura killed a guy. She has keeps having visions of the guy she killed. It was self-defense, but of course she & others covered it up and now she is going over the edge. I am not sure that "Laura" has really awakened from her coma or if Lulu is just imagining. BTW if you go to ABC.com, go to daytime shows, choose General Hospital, you can get recaps of daily shows. Usually they touch on most of what happened. The recaps go back quite a ways. Genie Francis has lst a lot of weight since she was on either last year, or year before. I know she has been sitting in all scenes so far, but you can tell from her face.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

She just like Laura killed a guy. She has keeps having visions of the guy she killed. It was self-defense, but of course she & others covered it up and now she is going over the edge. I am not sure that "Laura" has really awakened from her coma or if Lulu is just imagining. BTW if you go to ABC.com, go to daytime shows, choose General Hospital, you can get recaps of daily shows. Usually they touch on most of what happened. The recaps go back quite a ways. Genie Francis has lst a lot of weight since she was on either last year, or year before. I know she has been sitting in all scenes so far, but you can tell from her face.
Well - like mother, like daughter?

I noticed that Genie (aka Laura) seems to have lost quite a bit of weight since the last time I saw her. I wishI could!

I'll have to check out that website. Thanks!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You know, it's funny: most of the peeps that were on the show years ago when I watched it, still look the same. And it totally amazes me just how quickly the "children" from way back then have grown up so quickly!
I think it was about ten years or so ago when I stopped watching the show, and Luke & Laura were getting a divorce, and LuLu was just a baby. How the heck did she grow up so fast, after only a ten-year time-span?!
I'm sure glad that WE don't age that quickly!!

Just an observation.
I know what you mean! My mom used to watch Days of our Lives when I was little, and at one point Hope and I were the same age (around 5-6 yrs old) which I thought was cool at the time since my name is Hope too. But when I was 12, Hope was already mid-twenties and married to Bo. What happened???
I guess they are like dogs? One year in real life is 7 years in soap opera life?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I know what you mean! My mom used to watch Days of our Lives when I was little, and at one point Hope and I were the same age (around 5-6 yrs old) which I thought was cool at the time since my name is Hope too. But when I was 12, Hope was already mid-twenties and married to Bo. What happened???
I guess they are like dogs? One year in real life is 7 years in soap opera life?
Laura was around the same age I was, when I first started watching the show. At least that has stayed "normal"!

I'm sure glad we're NOT "dogs"! I'm aging fast enough as it is!