Don't you hate it...

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you have an item... know it is important, put it somewhere where you think you will remember, but can't find it no matter how hard you look?

That's where I'm at right now. I had a list of scottish bands listed for me when I went and now I can't find it. I know I didn't throw it away!!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea and i still cant find it.
I bought this nicee bracelet but put it and some of my other jewlery in a box on Easter because we had people coming over. I still can not find the box. I hope you find your stuff.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to my world. If I don't put an item where it is supposed to be or in my purse, I am likely to never see it again.

I hope you find your list.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I call that putting it into a "safe place". So safe that I can't find it again. That is one of the most frustrating things.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

When you have an item... know it is important, put it somewhere where you think you will remember, but can't find it no matter how hard you look?
The problem gets worse, the older you get..

I'm usually pretty good about finding things I've hidden in a "safe" place, but not when it comes to something the CATS have hidden!
Those objects mysteriously disappear into the kitty 'black hole'..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I call that putting it into a "safe place". So safe that I can't find it again. That is one of the most frustrating things.
That's exactly my thinking. I have yet to find it. This was a list of scottish bands that were given to me by a scotsman that we heard on our tour and it was incredibe. I hate the fact that I can't find it.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've done this so often it's not even funny
my safe places are very very safe

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Welcome to my world. If I don't put an item where it is supposed to be or in my purse, I am likely to never see it again.

I hope you find your list.
That's how it can be around here...hubby sometimes tosses things without asking if it is something of importance to me...just assumes that if he doesn't want it or need it, it's useless...

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I have the promise ring DH had given me stashed somewhere in the house. Who knows if I'll ever find it. Sometimes if you quit looking it will turn up. I hope you find your list either purposely or by accident.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done that so many times I bet the people at our old house are finding lots of treasurers!

I still do that. I looked for weeks for some filters for our coffee pot and after I'd given up and decided to reorder them, hubby opens a drawer and low and behold, there they are, right on top of everything to make it worse!!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used hide money from my crazy ex husband. When I kicked his sorry self out I was packing up my things and found wads of cash all over the house. In really weird places. I found some bills in an empty lipstick case. I found some hidden in the flap of a pair of boots.

I don't do it anymore because I was always forgetting where I hid it.

Whoever moved into the place later probably hit pay dirt under a floorboard or something.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I'm usually pretty good about finding things I've hidden in a "safe" place, but not when it comes to something the CATS have hidden!
Those objects mysteriously disappear into the kitty 'black hole'..
Oh God, I'm in trouble then! I've always been bad about it.....don't tell me it gets worse!

I think my cats are responsible for losing my wedding band/engagement ring and another ring (all took off at the same time, same place) for me a few years back!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this enormous bulletin board that Neil made for me a couple of weeks ago that I use and a basket in the kitchen that I stash paper stuff.
But I try not to hide items from myself anymore!!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had that happen to me before a party. I couldn't find a costume ring that I wanted to wear.

Mostly, though, I am the one being asked by everyone in the house, "Do you know where this item of mine is?" What's worse is that I usually do. Do you think that anyone finds anything for me? That ring is still missing.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
GOD I hate when I do that and the sad thing is it happends all the time

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Oh God, I'm in trouble then! I've always been bad about it.....don't tell me it gets worse!

I think my cats are responsible for losing my wedding band/engagement ring and another ring (all took off at the same time, same place) for me a few years back!
I "blame" the cats for a lot of things that disappear - b/c I know it couldn't have been anyone else!

I'm still trying to find a candle that one of them knocked out of the candleholder - a year later. I have NO idea how they could have lost THAT!

My advice would be to NOT leave any jewelry laying around with cats running loose in the house, b/c they seem to LOVE jewelry. I found that lesson out the hard way!

I always hate being the "bearer" of bad news, but it does get worse..
But you learn to live with it..

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

I used hide money from my crazy ex husband. When I kicked his sorry self out I was packing up my things and found wads of cash all over the house. In really weird places. I found some bills in an empty lipstick case. I found some hidden in the flap of a pair of boots.

I don't do it anymore because I was always forgetting where I hid it.

Whoever moved into the place later probably hit pay dirt under a floorboard or something.

OMG that's funny!
I hope they enjoyed it if they found it!

I used to have to hide money from my 2nd ex-husband, too. The best hiding place I ever found was inside of a roll of tinfoil. But I stopped putting it there, b/c I was always afraid I'd forget the money was in there, and accidently throw it out..

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Ain't that the truth!

The worst thing I lost was my mother's necklace that I inherited when she died. It got lost when we moved and it took 18 months to find it. It was in the last box I unpacked after we moved. It was in a box full of craft patterns, cat toys, books and embroidery hoops. Why would I put jewelry in there?

I hope you find your list!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That happened to me with my old phone.

I only keep this phone generally for emergency cases, but about 2 years ago I put it down, somewhere I thought I knew it would be safe, but couldn't find it. I practically turned the house upside down to find it. I looked in my room, under the bed, downstairs, and knew I hadn't chucked it out.

2 years on, and it's in the drawer by my bed.
And I'd looked in there at least 17 times!