OMG! I Laughed So Hard That I Just About Wet MY Pants!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a new laser pointer for the cats, b/c the old ones were wore out. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life!

It was funny enough when the older cats chased it around, but it's even more hilarious when four kittens are chasing it around all at once! :
I took some videos, to watch at a later date.

If y'all want to provide some good exercise for your indoor cats, and also give yourself plenty of laughs, I highly recommend getting a laser pointer, if you already don't have one.

amarna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
are they really that good?? if they are, i might invest in one then. i think my yoshi would like it by the sounds of it - she's a nutter & i can imagine her throwing herself around the room for it. how long does it take for them to get bored of it? you have to put a video on!!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have burned through 3 of them.
Seldon caught on and when I put it down he batted it over to me like chop chop Mom lets get the game started. They were demanding about it but I could see why. They love it. They go nutsy over it.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shark and Arwen used to chase the laser pointer all the time when they were kittens, but now they are older the interest has faded..it was so funny to watch when they chased it up and down the stairs and leapt up doors to 'catch' it

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 5 yr old Lucy, has chased the laser light since she was a kitten and shows no signs of boredom with it. Rocky is also interested, but only for a few minutes at a time & Moose has never cared to expend any energy on something he cannot catch.

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sunny loves his
We've had him almost 2 1/2 months and we've already had to replace one. Sunny is famous for trying to get out the door with us whenever we try to leave. DBF and I have one on our keychains and distract him with it when we are trying to leave. He'll play with it for 3 hours if you are willing to play that long
He's just adorable

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Amarna

are they really that good?? if they are, i might invest in one then. i think my yoshi would like it by the sounds of it - she's a nutter & i can imagine her throwing herself around the room for it. how long does it take for them to get bored of it? you have to put a video on!!
Yes, they are really that good!
They're not expensive, and well worth every penny.

They start getting "bored" with it, when they're about 3-4 years old. They usually start to lose interest in it, when they finally realize they can't "catch" the thing.

I thought about uploading a video, but they take forever to load..
Maybe if I try a "mini-movie" it won't take so long.
I think it takes so long b/c I just have basic dial-up service for my ISP...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

I have burned through 3 of them.
Seldon caught on and when I put it down he batted it over to me like chop chop Mom lets get the game started. They were demanding about it but I could see why. They love it. They go nutsy over it.
I also burned through a couple of the 'cheap' ones... I went to radio shack and bought one of the nicer $20 ones for business presentations... lasts MUCH longer... If you think you want a good one, get one designed for presentations...

Amanda

angelrn08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitty doesnt like to play much, so maybe I should try one.

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitties love them! I remember the first time we got Tubee a laser pointer he played with it until he finally had to lay down panting for while (which was probably good because it gave the other slower kitties a chance to play!
) Tubee was just too fast for them!

Manda

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Riley got bored with his a long time ago
He will chase it around for a minute but then he just lays down in the floor and watches it

Such a lazy kitty!

Xander has chased it around a little bit too, but he doesn't seem too impressed either.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by proudmomof3cats

My kitties love them! I remember the first time we got Tubee a laser pointer he played with it until he finally had to lay down panting for while
That happened the first time I let the cats play with it: Geronimo started panting, and then had a major coughing/choking attack, which totally freaked me out!
It wasn't too long after that that I found out he had the dry form of FIP, which causes him to have his "attacks". So I have to be really careful when he starts chasing it around, so I don't cause him to have an attack.

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Riley got bored with his a long time ago
He will chase it around for a minute but then he just lays down in the floor and watches it

Such a lazy kitty!

Xander has chased it around a little bit too, but he doesn't seem too impressed either.
My older cats really don't care about the thing either - although Maverick will try to "bite" at the red dot, which is hilarious, too!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are about 6 years old (adopted as adult strays, so it's a vet's guess) - but they love the laser pointer. I have to make sure to keep the sessions short because they chase so hard, and I always give them a treat when the laser dot 'runs away under the couch' to reward my mighty hunters.

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been thinking about getting one for Sport for a while now...and you just helped me make up my mind. I'll be at the pet store in the morning.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darlili

and I always give them a treat when the laser dot 'runs away under the couch' to reward my mighty hunters.
That's funny!

Last night I hauled out the laser pointer again for them to play with, and Geronimo kept batting at the kittens to chase them away from HIS red dot!

Then I ran the red dot up the wall by the couch, and Ricochet jumped up to catch it, and he slid & fell back down behind the couch. It was just hilarious!
I wish I could post some videos of the festivities!

I like to own some stock in the company that makes those things!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sport

I have been thinking about getting one for Sport for a while now...and you just helped me make up my mind. I'll be at the pet store in the morning.
You will not regret spending one single penny on it!

Have fun!
And let us know what you think!