Finding Nemo vs Richard Simmons

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pure silliness! After all the talk about Finding Nemo on this site, I've been in the mood to watch it. So after being husbandless tonight and getting some housework and kitty care in, I decided it was time to put it on!

However, we have it on VHS! So I mentioned that we should buy it in DVD. To which she answered she wanted to buy her old Richard Simmons tapes on DVD, too! I told her we don't need all those, they weren't worth it the first time!

So, what would you all do??

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I say Finding Nemo!!! I don't think Richard Simmons would be at all improved in a higher resolution!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhhh definitely Finding Nemo, who needs Richard Simmons on DVD???

All the extras on Finding Nemo are great!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never seen "Finding Nemo". I chose Richard Simmons mainly because I"m a "move your body and get fit" phase, so at least with Richard Simmons you are up and moving and not sitting around doing nothing.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, you COULD transfer the VHS tape to DVD, if you have a DVD burner. It won't be the same as the purchased DVD, but it would work on your DVD player.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We loved the Finding Nemo movie. The only Simmons stuff I know of is the exercise tapes - is that what you are talking about?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

LOL, I say Finding Nemo!!! I don't think Richard Simmons would be at all improved in a higher resolution!

Originally Posted by mrblanche

Well, you COULD transfer the VHS tape to DVD, if you have a DVD burner. It won't be the same as the purchased DVD, but it would work on your DVD player.
Really? How do you do that?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I voted for neither because of
and because our kids are 21 and 13. We have plenty of our favorite Disney movies already on DVD.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I've never seen "Finding Nemo". I chose Richard Simmons mainly because I"m a "move your body and get fit" phase, so at least with Richard Simmons you are up and moving and not sitting around doing nothing.
Yup! That was exactly her logic. She was sitting next to me as I made this poll, and she kept saying "Well, trying working out to Finding Nemo!"

Originally Posted by mrblanche

Yeah, and we could do it. Except, I want the movie on DVD for the subtitles! But I told her that's what she should do with her tapes. Still not sure why she wants those Richard Simmons in DVD, though!

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

We loved the Finding Nemo movie. The only Simmons stuff I know of is the exercise tapes - is that what you are talking about?
Yup, that's exactly it! She has a ton of those tapes, now for some reason she wants them in DVD, too...

Originally Posted by Meowers

Finding Nemo would be better, like all movies, on dvd.

Richard Simmons...never can be improved
It's the shorts that get me.
I totally agree! Men shouldn't wear shorts that short. At least not him!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Well, I'm sure you could probably find the old episodes from General Hospital he was on!

I think it depends on if you want a good movie or a comedy, because Richard Simmons is SO funny! I think he did great for his time by bringing "fit" to the not so fit. Before him, most exercise shows featured women that looked perfect to begin with. Not so encouraging for us not-so-perfect women. I always loved his personality and the humor and energy he brought to his shows.

But, I'm still voting for Nemo.

starjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I say Richard Simmons. What a fun way to spend the evening, just Sweating to the Oldies.... shaking that bodie and laughing the evening away

And I say laughing because to watch me shake my bodie is REALLY funny!

Then on top of laughing we can sign with the subtitles! The only thing funnier than watching me shake is listening to me sing.... Now, that is a fun way to spend the evening

With that said, I really enjoy Finding Nemo too, it's a very cute movie.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only seen bits & pieces of Finding Nemo, but I think I'd enjoy it. I recorded it for my granddaughter so she'd have something to watch the next time they come to visit. I really need to watch the entire thing myself.

So I voted for it, b/c I think it would be worth spending the money on.

I can't stand Richard Simmons, and wouldn't pay a penny for a VHS OR DVD!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To put VHS tapes on DVD, you need some sort of a capture device, and a DVD writer, and a program to do it with. If you something like the Dazzle Video Creator, you'd have all that in one package. You put an empty DVD in the writer, hook up the VCR to the Dazzle, hook up the Dazzle to the computer with a USB connector, and you're on your way. You usually have to experiment with it, and if you do a google search you can find a number of other ways to do it.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I vote for Nemo.
If you feel the need to exercise you can try acting out the action parts watching the movie.