Well, it was an evenful day....(long)

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To say the least

I was off work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday because my boss said he was going to "Man" the office and rearrange furniture and such.
Anyways, he never said to not come in on Friday so I went in. (plus it's payday
)
As I pulled up there stood my boss in the driveway... with and ex employee...no biggie... right?
Well, this ex employee is the one he fired when he hired me in... to make a long story short, she really messed up his accounting and cost him alot of money... ALOT.
I was blown away she was there because he constantly complained about her and how she is still asking him for money 4 months AFTER she was fired because she has a drug habit.

He proceeded to throw me under the bus in front of her! Saying that I didn't call or show up for 3 days!

He went on and on and degraded me in front of her, all the while she was snickering behind him.

Then tell me he wasn't paying me!

Yes people, I lost my cool!

I have worked my butt off for this man for the last 4 months! Literally until 2-3 am working on estimates, proposals, advertising... you name it! And for very little money I might add

Only because I was able to do alot from home and take the boys to work with me instead of paying for daycare. And because I knew I was building a company that I would be a major part of.

When he looked me in the face and said "You have too many issues to work here" That's when I snapped!

I won't air all of his dirty laundry but this man is the epitomy of irresponsibility!

It ended with me throwing my 20oz Pepsi across his garage and telling him if he didn't pay me then I would report him to DACS!
Needless to say, I got paid!

Then I got a call from my mom saying my soon to be ex husband called her saying he's filing for the divorce next Friday!

Since it's non-contested it will only take 30 days to go through!

Sooooooo It actually ended well

But now I'm off to job hunt..... again

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow!! I seriously can not comprehend some people! Man, that's such a terrible, irresponsible, unprofessional, and a few other choice words
I know better than to put on here thing to do!

At least you ended with good news, though!

Man, what a Friday you had! Hope you are ending it well!
for a crazy day!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

Oh wow!! I seriously can not comprehend some people! Man, that's such a terrible, irresponsible, unprofessional, and a few other choice words
I know better than to put on here thing to do!

At least you ended with good news, though!

Man, what a Friday you had! Hope you are ending it well!
for a crazy day!
And to top it off, I have a toothache

Brandon is being so sweet about it too.. He went to the store and bought me some meds for it along with a can of soup.
He even cooked it and brought it to me in the bedroom

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either he and this girl are romantically involved, or one of them is the other's drug dealer. Maybe you ought to report him to the labor board and file for wrongful termination -- just in case you aren't able to find something else right away.

Were you paid overtime for all those extra hours? (I'm afraid I know the answer.)

I'm so sorry this happened. On your next interview, don't even think of taking the job unless you get a seriously ETHICAL vibe from the employer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Either he and this girl are romantically involved, or one of them is the other's drug dealer. Maybe you ought to report him to the labor board and file for wrongful termination -- just in case you aren't able to find something else right away.

Were you paid overtime for all those extra hours? (I'm afraid I know the answer.)

I'm so sorry this happened. On your next interview, don't even think of taking the job unless you get a seriously ETHICAL vibe from the employer!
They are romantically involved
and I'm thinking he's at least supporting her drug habit because he's made mention about giving her money on several occasions. And he would never write her checks because I would see the stubs. But, he would make ATM withdrawls and I would see the withdrawls and have to ask him what they were for

And Florida is a Right To Work State and they really don't have to give you a reason for termination.

I'm still trying to figure out if I quit or if I got fired

And no, I wasn't paid for overtime
I was on salary.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a goob! Sorry that happned to you, I hope you find something better really quick.