My Surgery is Monday

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Monday is the day they try to fix my knee. I go in at 10:00 A.M. MDT. It's been painful and I've hardly been able to walk since the fall I had at work last March. I'll have three small incisions and the doctor will clean up some bone fragments and arthritis in my knee. I may be able to go home same day. But maybe not. My blood sugar goes way up when I have surgery so it depends on how that goes. If it goes way up then I'll have to stay in the hospital over night and get insulin. Plus I have pretty bad asthma and high blood pressure so if there is any sign of a potential problem, they'll keep me. It seems like I have surgery every few years and I've always tolerated it well. But each time, I can't help but think that someday my luck is going to run out. I'm sure I'll be fine but I'm sure you all can imagine how it is or you know from experience! So if you could all keep me in your thoughts?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Sending mega your way!!
Thanks! I hope I'm not just being a big baby.
But I really appreciate the support!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Thanks! I hope I'm not just being a big baby.
But I really appreciate the support!
I'd be as bad as you, worrying like crazy.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending a lot of good luck and successful surgery vibes your way.

Having knee problems myself I know how difficult it can be when they are bad....

Cheers for better days.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just remember the faces in your siggy. They'll keep you going.

Surgery vibes on their way!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big-time vibes from both my mom and me -- she had knee surgery years ago (for a shattered patella), so she can really sympathize. We'll be hoping things go smoothly and you heal fast!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'd be as bad as you, worrying like crazy.

We all worry about surgery.

Years ago, I got this little mole on my breast and my doctor wanted me to get a biopsy. He sent me to a plastic surgeon because even if it wasn't cancerous - it wasn't - it should be removed and a plastic surgeon was the right person to do it.

I had to sit up in a chair while he gave me a local for both the biopsy and the removal. Talk about a wuss! I fainted once for the biopsy and twice for the removal.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending love and calming vibes for your surgery on Monday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. Today I spent the day trying to get my apartment in shape and doing laundry so I don't have to worry about anything for a couple weeks. My office is still a mess with boxes stacked everywhere but at least the computer is set up. The closer it gets to Monday, the more nervous I get. I hate thinking about the pain of having surgery and the recovery.But maybe it won't be too bad since it's just three small incissions. I'll have Mason tomorrow and that should keep my mind off things. He always brings a smile to my face and makes my heart feel all warm and fuzzy!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
you are not being a big
!

sending & that all goes as it should, & that you get to go home ASAP! we all know that the furkids are 'healing' to be around!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's always scary going into the hospital and signing all the forms - to resuscitate, if you want to be an organ donor, etc. Even if you know you'll be fine it's tough reading and signing that stuff.

With your other health problems, an overnight stay wouldn't be so bad. They monitor blood pressure very closely anyways. If you're still worried you can talk to your anesthesiologist a bit before to voice your concerns (if you haven't already). I'm sure you'll be fine and hopefully pain free once everything heals. But here's some for good luck.

Originally Posted by butzie

I had to sit up in a chair while he gave me a local for both the biopsy and the removal. Talk about a wuss! I fainted once for the biopsy and twice for the removal.
There's nothing you can do about that, you're not a wuss. You autonomic nervous system (ie, part that controls "automatic" things) has to do with if you faint or not. Strong emotions, pain, needles in veins, sight of blood, or orthostatic stress can all cause faints - that part of your nervous system just chooses the wrong thing to do to "protect" the body. Sensitive brakes, so to speak.