Vibes for poisoned dog!!!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi all...my Border mix, Sophie has been poisoned; we don't know what with, but please send healing vibes for her. She started getting sick last night, and is doing no better today. As far as we can tell some sick minded person may have put something in her water outside, or tossed some tantilizing laced morsel, as that is the only place that she 'could have' gotten something... She is never left out very long, only to go potty. After this, she's never going to be left outside alone...

She is getting the lovely charcoal treatments, and we are to keep her hydrated as much as we can, otherwise we'll have to get IV fluids into her. Anyway, please send healing vibes...

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How scary to think that someone might have harmed Sophie on purpose.

Have you notified the police?

Sending healing vibes to sweet Sophie.

wishiwas

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, poor baby! I hope everything works out well for her.

My Perky got into antifreeze once that someone had purposefully left out to poison neighborhood cats. Thankfully, the treatment worked just fine, and she didn't have any problems.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys...she's hangin in there; no better no worse...which I geuss is good.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending more healing vibes to sweet Sophie.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there are some seriously sick minded people out there.

sending tons and tons of healing for your precious sophie.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi all, just thought I would update on the sick girl, Sophie.

She is not throwing up anymore, which is great. She is taking in water in small amounts every hour, but has no interest in any kind of food; which probably isn't 'all that bad' considering she just stopped vomiting early early this morning. I will give her till tomorrow atleast, and then will start her on some rice and burger.

However, she is very unstable, bumps into things, and has a real hard time with our stairs; almost seems like she may be going blind; her pupils are staying dilated most of the time, even in bright light... I am hoping that this is just a 'side effect' and will dissapate as she mends...
The vet said we will just have to wait it out... in perspective I have to agree...I'd rather have a blind dog, than a dead one...

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Oh man, I was hoping to find a good update

Lots and lots of
What do you mean a 'good update'?? She's still with us...that's pretty darn good, considering how sick she was

Sophie already seems to be adjusting to her handicap, although stairs are definitely an issue...she hates going down them! She gets scared at random times too, but considering she has only been without sight for a few days, I am very happy at how quickly she is adjusting. I have had a blind\\deaf dog before, so helping Sophie adjust should be a peice of cake, cause she can still hear me!

She finally started eating, as well...and so far is holding it in too...which is even better!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

I'd rather have a blind dog, than a dead one...
agree with you 100% there! i have groomed many blind dogs. one, a little black poodle who literally went blind over night. he managed just fine, even to the point of jumping in the car!

i'm so happy to hear that she is improving. what a horrible, scary time for you all this has been but it's fantastic that the ******* who did this to her is not going to win.

for you and your girl and tons of for sophie's continued good progress.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

How is Sophie doing today? Any changes? Many vibes she will continue to improve
Sophie is doing pretty good; she's eating, drinking, enjoying our walks.

Yucky as it sounds, though, I am still waiting for her to poo...she's urinating good, but has not poo'd yet, even though she has eaten plenty now.
Soon as that happens, then I will know for sure we are totally out of the woods...