Discharge after Spay...??

kozziosko

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys... I need a little advice.. I have searched and searched the internet for an answer to my question! On Wednesday Mushroom (18mth Siamese) was spayed. She has seemed fine but today she has been quite vocal so I figured she is hormonal (as I read she can still have hormones running thru her for a while)
When I came home from work I noticed a clear blob of what I can only assume is discharge. It was near the drain in the bathroom. It had a spot of blood in it. Then when I went to feed her I noticed another blob on the floor in the laundry, it was cleary with an orange (bloody) tinge.
I don't think it was vomit, although I kind of hope it is... because I am not sure that if this came from her vagina, is this normal!?
This is gross, but I tried to have a wiff to make sure it did not smell (for signs of infection) def no scent.
Any thoughts!?
P.S she does not appear to be in pain. She does lick her 'area' alot, but did that before the Spay too. Also the vet nurse said she had 'follicles' on her ovaries which means she was in season when she was done.

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Searching the internet is going about it the wrong way. "Search" your vet by calling them and reporting the post spay discharge to them. It's that simple.

If you came home from the hospital after a hysterectomy and had discharge, would you search all over the net for answers or would you call your doctor?

CALL YOUR VET.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kozziosko

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephenq

Searching the internet is going about it the wrong way. "Search" your vet by calling them and reporting the post spay discharge to them. It's that simple.

CALL YOUR VET.
GEESH, I only discovered this last night! Not much I COULD do apart from try and research it at that time. I contacted a friend of mine who is a vet nurse also and she has no idea what it would be. I will contact the vet this morning. What my question IS if anyone else has experienced this and if it is a normal discharge as she was in season. I can only assume this is not coming from her stiches as I have found it on the floor and in her littler tray. It is like a small amount of clear eggwhite consistency with a tiny amount of blood spotting.
thanks