Over 131,000 free points! *****KatKwery - August 21*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember, EIGHT members will be in the playoffs. And although the highest seeded member has an advantage, anybody can walk away with ALL 131,000 plus points. Even if you do not end up in the top eight, if any of the top eight can not participate, you might be in the playoffs even if you do not finish in the top eight. Keep playing. Who knows how many points there will be to win in October?

Glitch won by using the word needs. Laureen227 won by using cost, and BelongsToEvie won by using why. Few and home were used by not by anybody who had not already won.

Today's KatKwiz was about the Cat Games arcade.

What do you think would be a fair price to charge for an arcade pass? How many times a month do you with the arcade? How many points would you pay for a 7 day pass? Do you think the arcade keeps people out of the forums? I am a proponent of charging for the arcade, can you guess why?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

What do you think would be a fair price to charge for an arcade pass? How many times a month do you with the arcade? How many points would you pay for a 7 day pass? Do you think the arcade keeps people out of the forums? I am a proponent of charging for the arcade, can you guess why?
gosh, i don't know - seems like 1000 points is too much, but 100 isn't enough. i think 500 sounds good. i play in the arcade every day that i'm here - since i'm here most every day, that would be 28-31 days every month!
i would probably pay the 1000, 'cause i'm addicted to several games, plus i enjoy playing in the tournaments of those games. i don't know about keeping people out of the forums... i usually don't play until after i've checked/read/posted in my subscriptions, checked out new posts, etc. so it's usually quite late by that time. i think you're a proponent for charging for the arcade because it'll mean more people would probably participate in KatKwiz & KatKwery to rack up arcade points!
btw, glitch - a previous KatKwery DID tell what the KatKlik was...

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Remember, EIGHT members will be in the playoffs. And although the highest seeded member has an advantage, anybody can walk away with ALL 131,000 plus points. Even if you do not end up in the top eight, if any of the top eight can not participate, you might be in the playoffs even if you do not finish in the top eight. Keep playing. Who knows how many points there will be to win in October?

Glitch won by using the word needs. Laureen227 won by using cost, and BelongsToEvie won by using why. Few and home were used by not by anybody who had not already won.

I heard that it was going to be 10,000 points, and it was going to be a "high ticket item" or something like that! I dont know how many points is exactly fair because there are several newer members that would have a hard time actually coming up with that many points, but I made donations to a few people to help them get their arcade passes, and you still dont have to pay for the arcade so I hope that they had fun with the points!
I think I would pay the 100 points or more, Im not sure, I dont really do the whole "gaming" thing! so games are not really worth as much to me as they would be to someone who is really into them! I do think that it keeps some people out of the forums, just because they are playing games and not really talking to anyone but thats okay, I think it makes people spend more time on TCS, the arcade and then people have to get their fix of talking and chatting to other people too! Wow, I think I need to go look up that word, Im all confused! I know that you wanted there to be less points or something because they weren't as valuable anymore but Im not so sure! Ill have to go look into it! I have played at the arcade before, but if I dont do well I tend not to do it anymore! Im a sore loser, and will admit it... My daddy tought me the need to win on video games, so not winning is like swollowing a rock!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Aww nuts, Glitch is even farther ahead of me now.
I really don't have much to say about a fair price on an arcade pass. I'm really surprized it's still free. It's hard to say how much I'd pay for a week pass. I really don't go there a whole lot anymore. I suppose I'd pay say 1,000 for a week and then make darn sure I got good use out of it. I don't think playing in the arcade would take people away from the forum. They could do like me and have two web pages open, one for arcade and one for forum.
OK, I'm not sure of what proponent means, but it contains the word PRO so I'm guessing you are for charging to play in the arcade. I have no idea why that would be though. Of course I could be wrong and you could be against the idea of charging for the arcade. I just don't know.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, if you start charging, I will no longer play. There are several other places on the internet that have free games. If you are talking points, then I still won't play as I don't post much.

I think that if you charge for the games, people with few points will not play. Also, if you play, you aren't in the forum.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

Well, if you start charging, I will no longer play. There are several other places on the internet that have free games. If you are talking points, then I still won't play as I don't post much.

I think that if you charge for the games, people with few points will not play. Also, if you play, you aren't in the forum.
If you put your points in the bank you could make interest off of them, then you could use the interest to pay for your arcade pass!

Wow I never really thought that someone would not play due to the points thing! It was said all along that sooner or later it would cost something! I understand where you're coming from though! I think its a neat little perk of thecatsite and it should be worth something since before we didn't have that option at all! Vplaza games always have some sort of price in points! Thats just the way it works I guess! The more you post the more points you get and the easier it will be to do the arcade! I actually got most of the points I have now by playing the katkwery! Which is nice! Feel free to join right in and play everyday! There is always a shot you could win some points and have a little fun while learning something new!

I must of missed the katkwery where it said what the katklick was! Darnit! I do miss out on alot of the good stuff by not being around as much anymore! But Ill get over it!

OMG Ive been reading the wrong thread... Not the one I should have been reading to do this one! WHoops... Im sorry and my bad! So, Im going to give up on looking any further into the playing on games and give up for today!!
Once things for sure though, everyone who plays the arcade loves it, and most people are willing to pay to use it! If it was a one time fee I would gladly pay for it just so I had the spiffy option to use when I wanted too, because there are games I like to play, but most of them I have already spent 30 bucks buying for my computer! Im not the sharpest tool in the shed recently! Lack of sleep!

Although I dont think Ive missed more than a couple days of the katkwery this month so I dont know when I missed it! Oh well, Ill find out in a little over a week I guess!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey Persi & Alley, I don't think you should advertise these points as free- we work hard for them!
Speaking of, thank you! You work even harder!

I don't know what a fair price would be for an arcade pass. I don't know what an arcade pass is! Is that for the Cat Games here? Are you asking price in points or dollars?? Personally, I don't play them much at all, so it wouldn't make much difference to me if they were free or expensive. My guess would be that they should be free (I think they are already...), because otherwise people won't use them. If TCS wants to make some money off the users, either real money or points, maybe only charge for like group games or big games. Something like that...

Heh, guess I already answered how much I play in a month, sort of! I don't hardly play at all. I've been a member since Feb 07, and I've played ONCE. Not even as my own sign in! So that's... once every 18 months, at least.

What's a 7 day pass? At this point, unless it's some kind of gift to give someone, I wouldn't pay for a seven day pass at all. I don't need much for myself.
Again, if it's with the games, I don't play enough to use it. If it's something for the forums, well, I don't use it now, I don't see any reason to start!
Not that I mind spending points, since there's really no use for them except to buy gifts. I just probably wouldn't bother!

No, I don't think the arcade keeps people out of the forums. In fact, I think it probably keeps them in. I know that's a lot of what keeps my mom here! That and all the stories and pictures of my guys I post. Otherwise, she probably wouldn't be on here much. Actually, she isn't on much as it is, she probably wouldn't be on at all if not for the games! Except when I "demand" she look at some pics or something...

Hah, I would guess that you want to charge for the arcade so people want to win points with the Kat Games!
Either that or because then your Kat Games would be the free games around here.
Or both!